Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Tin Question for the Gurus
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeatNavy
Looking to buy a passenger side 2.0 engine tin. A vendor on Samba is selling this, but he primarily does busses. I sent him a picture I had of what I needed, but I still want to verify this is correct with the experts here. He says he got a load of 2.0 and 1.8 914 tin a while back, so he's pretty sure this is what I need.

Does this look right, and/or are there any differences?

TIA beer.gif

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
A bit hard to tell with the angle, and the photo looks squished horizontally. That said, I think it is a 2.0 piece. The spark plug holes are the main real difference. The 1.8 ones would be on the horizontal part of the tin directly over the head, while these seem to be on the curve a little more outboard.

--DD
dr914@autoatlanta.com
nope 1.7 or 1.8
dr914@autoatlanta.com
2.0 has the spark plug holes on the side NOT the top
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. 1.7/1.8
BeatNavy
Poop! sad.gif

Oh well, thanks for the info, gentlemen. I suppose I can still make it work if needed.
mepstein
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 21 2018, 02:41 PM) *

Poop! sad.gif

Oh well, thanks for the info, gentlemen. I suppose I can still make it work if needed.

If you are going to modify some 1.7 tin, I have some for free that you can have. Also, there might be some at the party on the 4th.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 21 2018, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 21 2018, 02:41 PM) *

Poop! sad.gif

If you are going to modify some 1.7 tin, I have some for free that you can have. Also, there might be some at the party on the 4th.

Thanks for the offer, Mark. The guy I was dealing with came back with something that looks to be a 2.0, based on the pic, but it was in a little rougher shape. We'll see. I'm having him ship it to some guy named "Mark" up in Grand Rapids smile.gif .

I may end up picking up a part or two at Jim's even if I don't need them - although I've NEVER been known to hoard 914 parts happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.