Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ^Easton^ Peters Family Fund
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Hello 914Club Members...

Several people have messaged me about opening the ^Easton^ Peters fund back up again, for those Club members that want to contribute to help the family with burial/memorial expenses...

Here you go...

Use this link, please...

^Easton^ Peters Family Fund

Thanks.

Qarl
spare time toys
Thanks for doing this. Im going to do my best to keep it towards the top for the next couple of days.
Qarl
Thanks for the suggestion Larry. We collected another $75.00 already! smile.gif

spare time toys
I tell friends this is more than just another "net" club. We have a bunch of good folks here. THANKS EVERY ONE of you clap.gif clap.gif
SGB
914 owners my be kind of obsessed with their cars, but this forum proves we have our priorities straight. Thank you Qarl. I'm sorry to burden you , but I hope you provide an appropriate expression of everyones concern for the Peters family, since you clearly have a very big heart.
Eric_Shea
***Another 914club Hero***

Shoji Sawamura (SSAWA) has just contributed another $40.00 to the fund via some extra caliper cores he had laying around.

Thanks Shoji smilie_pokal.gif

(I'm sure the cores will be fine)
smooth_eddy
Thanks for doing this Karl. It makes me feel proud to be one of the contributers and a member of this club. Kudo's...... aktion035.gif Eddy
Qarl
Well let me tell you about my conversation with Steve on Sunday.

I told him that he should be getting a check from the Club donations this week. When I mentioned the amount ($4499.14), he got really silent. And then he was sort of mumbling spechless for a few seconds. I can tell he was shocked.

When I last spoke with him earlier in the week, the fund had raised $2500 and that was what he was assuming we had raised total.

Then I told him the number of people that had contributed (nearly 100) and he was again speechless.

I specifically pointed out some of the creative things that members had done to generate funds (like Eric Shea's caliper offer and Rick Ollah's 914 photo auction, etc.).

He was speechless.

I also told him there were hundreds of messages of hope and prayers from members over the past weeks.

He was deeply touched.

I am sure when he has enough strength to come back to the site and read the thread about Easton's passing, he will know the true meanign of 914club... that we care about our members.
Qarl
As of tonight 6/13/05 11:52 PM, we have $4734.14!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

I'll keep it open until interest dwindles down.

Thank you.

smile.gif
spare time toys
Dont shut it down untill after the 20th. I got some overtime on mids tonight so Ill kick in some more on the 20th when I get paid.
JRust
Glad to help. God bless your family Steve. My prayers are with you & yours! Great work Qarl
ablose58
I'll gladly kick in when I get paid on wed. AL
spare time toys
Its 2 AM and all is well at work. Just a bump for the post
spare time toys
10:30 and still going icon_bump.gif
Qarl
Right back at you!
DipShit
My condolences.
spare time toys
Its 3:30pm I just got home and am hitting the hay dry.gif Just need to put this back on top first.
Qarl
I am waiting on pledged checks from...

Miles... (I know... it's coming)

Thanks,

Qarl
Lyressa Roberts
icon_bump.gif

My prayers are with Easton's parents.
Qarl
Oh.... and we have $4849.14 now!

smile.gif

Qarl
'nuther contribution makes it... $4899.14

Thank you very much!

smile.gif
Dr Evil
Bump
spare time toys
Im sending this back to the top its about off page 1
Lyressa Roberts
When I'm done paying my bills this weekend, I'll see how much more I can put in if it's still open.

smile.gif
Qarl
I'm not asking for repeat contributors... please nobody bust themselves... it's voluntary.

I know we have 300-400 active members on the board. I've received contributions from about 100 people.

Again... from the bottom of my heart, thank you to everybody that has contributed. It really means a lot to me.

Come to Orlando and I'll give you... beer.gif
Howard
Ok, here's the deal. We have some leftover funds from WCC 2005. A number of thoughts as to what to do with the $$, but I don't think it gets any better than this. I will match, up to $1000, all donations received in the account within the next 24 hours.
Give until it hurts! Repeat contributors welcomed and expected.
xitspd
Howard,
That's great! I'm back again! Paypal on the way! Karl see you in January for dinner and beerchug.gif My treat.....
spare time toys
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 15 2005, 05:05 PM)
I will match, up to $1000, all donations received in the account within the next 24 hours.

What about pledges? Im tapped out untill payday sad.gif But I will send out the check on the 20th beerchug.gif
Howard
QUOTE (spare time toys @ Jun 15 2005, 04:54 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Jun 15 2005, 05:05 PM)
I will match, up to $1000, all donations received in the account within the next 24 hours.

What about pledges? Im tapped out untill payday sad.gif But I will send out the check on the 20th beerchug.gif

Shoot me a PM with your pledge.
Qarl
Oh Sheet Dude! That's very nice!

Let me get this some more visibility!
Qarl
Hi everybody.

I spoke with Steve a little while ago. He sounded good. He was taking his youngest son (Markus) for a bike ride out in the country.

He said that he and Sherida were doing pretty well, although they haven't been able to handle going to Easton's room yet.

Tomorrow night, Steve said he and a couple of his friends who are master carpenters are building Easton's coffin. Steve said, nothing seemed right at the funeral home. I think that is so touching.

The service is still scheduled for next Thursday.

I told him what we (914club) are all continuing to do for their family... and he is astounded. He doesn't know how their family will ever be able to express enough thanks. I told him that it wasn't necessary. It was our honor to help him bury his son.

Anyways.. he said that he and Sherida will put a little photo tribute together and post it on the site in the upcoming week. Steve has some good photos of Easton in the 914. smile.gif

Thanks everybody.

Regards,

Qarl
Qarl
Here's a pic of Steve and Easton together from last fall.

redshift
Thanks Karl, you've done so much..

M
spare time toys
Good morning my fellow clubers. I hope we get some folks take up the matching funds today smilie_pokal.gif Im going to get in on it by sending another $20 check with the faith that our postal system will not get it there untill the 20th (pay day) if you know what I meen wink.gif
spare time toys
need to keep this at the top with the matching fund post smilie_pokal.gif
TROJANMAN
what's the total on the challenge $ ?

and what's the total $ to date?

Qarl
I believe the total from the challenge is $425.00 (total of donations, not what was matched).

There have been $355 in Paypal donations, plus $20 plege from sparetime, and I think I have one or two $50 pledges (checks) coming. Gotta check my e-mails at home.

So let's assume $425 since 4:05 PM yesterday.

I have to run a spreadsheet on the fund (download from Paypal)... But I think we're at about $5250.00 (including today's contributions, but not including Howard's match).

I've got to review who's promised checks too. I'll update later tonight as well.

Thanks....

Qarl
TROJANMAN
that's awesome. and everything from the challenge is automatically doubled. way to go 914club, way to help a brother out smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
Another trip back up the page icon_bump.gif
TurtleGirl
icon_bump.gif
icon12.gif
seanery
beerchug.gif pray.gif mueba.gif wavey.gif
brownaar
Last day, so back to the top. icon_bump.gif
TurtleGirl
icon_bump.gif
Qarl
I think we're done. See my thread on the results....

smile.gif smilie_pokal.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=33382

Thanks everybody.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.