Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless steel fuel line installation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
i need a couple pictures of those 2 that go thru engine shelf , not going thruthe clips right?!?! either the bends are not correct or i dont have them in right but they do not line up with the stock clip locations!!! i think i am done with this for now........
75914-L20C
popcorn[1].gif (popcorn's kinda dry) beer3.gif
Watching this. I have a '75 too and had a similar issue. I wonder if our cars have a different clip placement than earlier cars?
ChrisFoley
Aftermarket parts are often a bit different from original.
In the case of fuel lines, hard stainless tubing is bound to be a lot different from flexible plastic.
Add model changes to the mix and the fact that (relatively low) demand doesn't justify an aftermarket manufacturer making different parts for each model.
In sales language "perfect fit" is a euphemism for "some adjustment required" or "YMMV".
smash.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 23 2018, 09:42 AM) *

Aftermarket parts are often a bit different from original.
In the case of fuel lines, hard stainless tubing is bound to be a lot different from flexible plastic.
Add model changes to the mix and the fact that (relatively low) demand doesn't justify an aftermarket manufacturer making different parts for each model.
In sales language "perfect fit" is a euphemism for "some adjustment required" or "YMMV".
smash.gif

yep- that that's fine , I just will not be using the second clip - and the first one either I think, since it is broken anyway. Now I have to figure out a different way to secure them - any suggestions?
ChrisFoley
It looks like the rear clip can be rotated 90 degrees so the lines will fit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.