Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front window trim question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rosenfe
My trim has come loose on the top at union and at the bottom strip and at 90. I see the tabs the trim fits into.I have crimped them a bit to make a tighter fit,but I may be missing a tab on the bottom of window. Can the tab be replaced with window in?Im assuming there is a hole in body for tab to insert。Is this correct?Anything else I can do to secure trim?Adhesive etc
Coastal6
Yep.. you are correct. There is a small hole in the windshield frame that the plastic clip snaps into. Don’t think there is any way to replace the clip with the windshield installed.

Super glue ?
DRPHIL914
i would say it depends on the gap. you might be able to put a new clip in. the new clip will have a pin sticking out, if you pull that, press the clip in place and then press the pin into the clip, as it slides in press it all the way in it will expand the back side of the clip and lock it in to place.
rosenfe
If my clips do not hold trim securely and I don’t want to take window out,would useing an adhesive such as 3m window adhesive to the chrome be a no no?
Mikey914
I would avoid super glue, You can use 3M weatherstrip adhesive. They also make butyl strips that can be used to hold stuff down. The idea is something that will not react with the paint and still hold it in place. Check at your local automotive paint supply store.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 25 2018, 11:54 AM) *

I would avoid super glue, You can use 3M weatherstrip adhesive. They also make butyl strips that can be used to hold stuff down. The idea is something that will not react with the paint and still hold it in place. Check at your local automotive paint supply store.

that is a good tip.
rosenfe
Thanks
rosenfe
I was going to use 3m window weld .The chrome piece would be glued to glass not body.Window weld is used to glue window to body.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no way without the windshield removed, one should always replace the clips when the windshield is out to make sure that the chrome strips stay in place.

Really the only thing you can do now is put some black silicone under the strip and tape it down until it dries

QUOTE(rosenfe @ Jul 21 2018, 05:04 PM) *

My trim has come loose on the top at union and at the bottom strip and at 90. I see the tabs the trim fits into.I have crimped them a bit to make a tighter fit,but I may be missing a tab on the bottom of window. Can the tab be replaced with window in?Im assuming there is a hole in body for tab to insert。Is this correct?Anything else I can do to secure trim?Adhesive etc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.