Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacing driver's seat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jamie
… the 914 seats offered by Classic Touring Seats and Classic Car Seats(GTS Classics) since I have no access to seeing examples in person? There is about a $100 difference in price between the apparently similar models.
mepstein
Stephan at GTS Classics has a great reputation and I love his seats. One of our customers has 4 or 5 sets of his seats in his 911's. When you call, you get Stephan on the phone and he knows everything about seats and the right questions (like waist size, ect) to get the right one for you and your car.
sb914
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 21 2018, 07:22 PM) *

Stephan at GTS Classics has a great reputation and I love his seats. One of our customers has 4 or 5 sets of his seats in his 911's. When you call, you get Stephan on the phone and he knows everything about seats and the right questions (like waist size, ect) to get the right one for you and your car.

agree.gif
jim_hoyland
Stephan at GTS is the way to go: superior quality and customer service. I bought a pair of leather LeMons seats ten years ago and they still feel like new.
GTS will have a booth a the bigger Porsche shows with a variety of seats for you to check out.
I assume Stephan will be at Rennsport this September at Monterey, CA
tygaboy
I really like my GTS Classics, too!
Craigers17
I'm not sure about the level of restoration you're trying to attain, but I have a used GTS seat that I picked up on Ebay a few months back. I BELIEVE it to be their Sebring model in leather.

I haven't tried it for fitment yet, but it comes with headrest, mounting hardware, and back support air bladder thingy(not sure whether it is functional or not).

This seat is beautifully crafted, however it has a VERY slight area where you can see the driver's side seatbelt wore against it for a short time. It has 2 very small dimples on the seat cushion where it looks like someone set a box on it for a while. These might fade as the leather stretches with use??? Finally, one of the small plastic grommets that goes around the headrest post is cracked. This would be an easy fix by any upholstery shop.

I have tried to capture these small flaws in the pics. Anyways, I'd sell this seat for $700 plus shipping/delivery if you don't require a blemish-free new seat. Brand new, this seat goes for around $1200.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Craigers17
More picsClick to view attachment
Craigers17
More...Click to view attachment
Craigers17
More...Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
sithot

agree.gif

Class act, great product.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.