Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leather Basketweave
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
I had my doubts, but after a long wait the sample arrived in the mail today.
It appears to be pattern that Porsche copied to produce the cars. Shown is a scan of two pieces, one is an original piece i took of my dash, the other is sample they sent me.

Now i can think about my leather interior seriously.

exact match. smilie_pokal.gif
Mueller
nice...any other colors???
brer
This is done by a manufacturing plant.

They dont do retail. I work in the design industry and this is a resource we have used in the past. Basically, you buy the leather and send it to them, and for a hefty tooling fee they will send it back with this pattern on it.

So, I guess it comes in any color you want.

I'm speaking with them to find out what my minimum order would be. Was thinking of buying some hides and running them to offer up for sale. Still thinking about it though, or at least thinking of a way i can do my car. smile.gif
brer
colors are endless, (sorry if color is not good, work scanner)
brer
more
brer
and more
brer
lastly
Dr Evil
Wow! Very cool smilie_pokal.gif
brer
I'm thinking of doing some sets of leather for seats first.
Maybe do a run.

thinking.
jimtab
What kind of a maroon makes up the color "names"....Jesus what would Elvis do....
brer
That is actually someones job you know.

Color Name Co ordinator.
jimtab
You may be right Brer, when I was taking all the drugs in the 60's I could have seen color names with the colors....hmmm....I think I see a new career path..."goat spew green"....dried pus ecru suprise....hey, this shit is easy.....or not happy11.gif
brer
dude! thats one of them dream jobs i think.

you'll need a pink sweater. happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.