Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For once Left works / Right does not
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Does anyone know what is causing my 71 turn signal switch to function perfectly on the left turn position - switching action and the release action / verses the right turn indicator which will blink if held near the "on-blinker" position but does not blink if pushed into the "on-blinker" position completely.

Left is good / right is not so good............ And is this condition fixable or is a new/old switch the fix?

beerchug.gif
Larmo63
Forrest Bump.

Click to view attachment
worn
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 22 2018, 03:10 PM) *

Where can I get one of these mechanics in a box? Sweet!
worn
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 22 2018, 02:54 PM) *

Does anyone know what is causing my 71 turn signal switch to function perfectly on the left turn position - switching action and the release action / verses the right turn indicator which will blink if held near the "on-blinker" position but does not blink if pushed into the "on-blinker" position completely.

Left is good / right is not so good............ And is this condition fixable or is a new/old switch the fix?

beerchug.gif

I have to think the problem is in the switch, since you can get things to work if you hold it right. Worn plastic or dirty contacts.
forrestkhaag
I will check that out. As with most things 914, its a crap shoot to figure out...... Larmo rolls a 7 mostly on the come out every time. Winner Winner, Chic n' dinner..........

beerchug.gif
r_towle
Remove the horn button
The switch is one level down from what you are looking at.
There is a plastic piece that pushes up or down when you
Put it in the left or right position
You broke that.

I believe you can buy the 924 switch and that can be used
As a replacement or buy used.
r_towle
I am assuming you checked the fuses you hit with your foot?
bdstone914
Sounds like a loose nut in front of the steering wheel.
smile.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(worn @ Jul 22 2018, 04:34 PM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jul 22 2018, 03:10 PM) *

Where can I get one of these mechanics in a box? Sweet!

I need a set of those for the customers that call me wanting a figure out their electrical problems over the phone. Or "...it is making a funny sound , What it is?"
Ed_Turbo
It is called old bro. Likely something electrical because I get some wierd electrical issues like the fuel gauge night light not turning on and in this case turn signal lever not blinking. I bought a new turn signal lever and the thing still isnt 100% perfect.

Comes to show how spoiled and reliable cars are today. driving.gif

-Ed
forrestkhaag
Could not agree more with Ed / and Bruce. These cars are getting older faster. The trick is to out live the damned thing. So far I am running neck and neck.......

I appreciate the advice and will check out the several pontifications on the cause of my blinking issue. hissyfit.gif

beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
I have also seen poor connections at the bulb sockets or bulbs cause weird turn signal problems, too...

--DD
dr914@autoatlanta.com
switch is worn, but try to clean the contacts after removing the steering wheel. YOUR switch is the biggest hassle in the world to replace so you do not want to unless absolutely necessary. Every time we sell one of the 70 71 switches, we feel sorry for the recipient, who has to replace it.
forrestkhaag
Thanks George / I have heard similar tales of woe related to a r&I......... sheeplove.gif
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.