Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 944 Front brakes .. ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Beakster
Has anyone tried putting a set of 944 front brakes and rotters on a 914 ?? would that work ??
steuspeed
Eric Shea at PMB Performance would know.

http://www.pmbperformance.com/catalog.html
mgp4591
QUOTE(Beakster @ Jul 22 2018, 09:40 PM) *

Has anyone tried putting a set of 944 front brakes and rotters on a 914 ?? would that work ??

Do you already have a 5 lug conversion? And if you do, is it a redrill of the 4 lug or is it a 911 front end? Also, do you know if you've got the 3" front struts or the 3-1/2" struts for the brake calipers? All of these points matter.
Steve
I ran the 4 piston caliper 944 front brakes on my 911 3.5” struts. You have to oblong one of the holes to get it to fit. Worked great, but I couldn’t get them to stop squeaking, so I switched to Boxster brakes with the rich Johnson kit.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Beakster @ Jul 22 2018, 08:40 PM) *

1st question, Why?
Do you need that much more braking? How is the car used ? Street or track? It is a system you are changing and all affected components including struts, hubs, etc. need to be considered. What rear brakes and master cylinder?

2nd question , which 944 brakes ?
Are you referring to the 4 piston 944 Turbo Brembo calipers or the steel 944 calipers?
Many different sizes of the turbo calipers between front and rear, and year they are from.

Yes the turbos calipers can be installed on a 3.5" 911 front end. They are a 3.7" C-C on the bolt holes. They can be milled to fit 3.5.

Bruce

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.