Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about the fuel lines in late car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DRPHIL914
So when I pulled the old lines out of the tunnel I was very careful to make sure
that I put the new ones back in the same way the old ones were in the car.

Robert had them labeled left and right so they went in from the rear that way.
The issue I have, or the question I have I guess is that when I pulled the old ones out, I pulled just one so I could see how it was installed, and the left one from the rear came thru the front on the right, not on the left. You would think that they would run parallel to each other up the tunnel but they crossed over each other.
I can tell you these were the original lines. In front, the left line is the one that receives the high pressure fuel from the pump, but that will be the one coming out the back on the left then.

My question is, has anyone else noticed this on their cars? and will all that , does it really matter with the new steel lines, as long as you just keep it straight which is which/? AND should they cross over, I was thinking about installing them parallel so they don't cross each other in the tunnel and rub.

Any thoughts on this?

Phil
ChrisFoley
I've never seen the original tunnel lines cross in the tunnel.
Parallel makes much more sense to me.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jul 23 2018, 08:57 AM) *

I've never seen the original tunnel lines cross in the tunnel.
Parallel makes much more sense to me.

I know , that's what I thought, I had to really look close to make sure, and that was why I took one out at a time, when I pulled the rear, facing forward, left(driver's side) out, it came out from the right front. - so crossed. - I put them in the way they came out but I am going to pull them tonight and put them back in parallel so they don't cross I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.