Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sad Day Today - Sold my 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
After almost 2 decades of 914 restorations and ownership, I have sold my last 914. It has gone to a Porsche collector that I know will take great care of it.
It was hard to sell, but the time has come to move onto something else.
All I have to do now is sell all the remaining parts that I have stockpiled over the years.
Technically I still own the yellow one on his wall in the background.
porbmw
That sounds pretty fatalistic...
Looks like you have a few distractions to keep you busy.
Hope it works out for you....
And hope you come back sometime....it's been known to happen
Paul beerchug.gif
flmont
I would find it odd to sell a 914 just to move on to something else,Just buy something else,.Ive only sold my cars because I was forced to not because I wanted something else, to me 914's are tops,.short of a 993 twin turbo or Carrera GT,.or some thing like that .But I understand I change DD kinda often so I get it,..Good luck
Mark Henry
Where is it going? Local, Ontario or somewhere else?
tracks914
The photo is it's new home, here in Timmins, ON.
I bought a motorcycle a few years ago and drive that most every sunny day I can. The wife hated the car and hated when it was parked in our garage so it was stored at her mothers (garage) for the last few years. Hence one tank of gas in the last two years.
She wanted it gone, I drive the bike most and a friend REALLY wanted it for his collection of old Porsche's.
My24 year old daughter cried when she found out I was selling it. That hurt.
tracks914
QUOTE(flmont @ Jul 23 2018, 12:52 PM) *

I would find it odd to sell a 914 just to move on to something else,Just buy something else,.Ive only sold my cars because I was forced to not because I wanted something else, to me 914's are tops,.short of a 993 twin turbo or Carrera GT,.or some thing like that .But I understand I change DD kinda often so I get it,..Good luck

Moving her mother into a home soon so storage was going to become a problem as you can read above.
Did I mention my wife hated the car?
forrestkhaag
Think of it as a beginning / not an ending to an era. Every time I sell one of my kids,... er.,.... P-cars, I end up with an upgrade P-car. I sold a 993 to get my 71 - now a 3 liter 6...... which I will sell to get a........Hmmmmmm

Live on.

beerchug.gif
flmont
Yea,...I dig..
cali914
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 24 2018, 09:24 AM) *

Think of it as a beginning / not an ending to an era. Every time I sell one of my kids,... er.,.... P-cars, I end up with an upgrade P-car. I sold a 993 to get my 71 - now a 3 liter 6...... which I will sell to get a........Hmmmmmm

Live on.

beerchug.gif

Family can't be sold and it hurts when their gone. LOL
worn
Sounds like it could be hard for you the next year or two. The bike may help more than the 914, and yours to choose. Good luck and I hope you stick around.
Chip
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 23 2018, 12:36 PM) *

After almost 2 decades of 914 restorations and ownership, I have sold my last 914. It has gone to a Porsche collector that I know will take great care of it.
All I have to do now is sell all the remaining parts that I have stockpiled over the years.

Get a Bpxster! The next, best closest, funnest driving machine you will ever experience.
tracks914
QUOTE(Chip @ Jul 24 2018, 04:00 PM) *

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 23 2018, 12:36 PM) *

Get a Bpxster! The next, best closest, funnest driving machine you will ever experience.

I can get an early Boxster for about $5k less than I sold my 914 for. I'll look in the fall when prices are best.
PatrickB
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Jul 23 2018, 02:36 PM) *

Saw this advertised, awesome car. I guess if you haven't been driving it......
Hope to see the car in person someday. I've got cousins in Kirkland Lake, used to live there too. If I get close this summer (or next) I'll be watching for it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.