Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Major, major setback--fu......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
sad.gif Not wanting to make other peoples problems on here trivial,I am NOT doing that, there has certainly been some bad news going around, and I am truly sorry to hear of it, I am a single parent and could not fathom the idea of losing my child to an illness, or, anything for that matter.

But this is teener related, thank goodness--I guess,,,,,

I was finishing up Black Sabbaths' engine build. Everything was going together sooo smoothly. I was being meticulous in the build, but sad to say not meticulous enough.

To put it in perspective: I send out my case to rimco to have it cleaned, galleys modified, and pipe plugs installed. That is all I ordered and requested, nothing else, period.

17 hours into my build, as I was tq'ing the flywheel on I noticed some movement, very subtle, but caught my eye nontheless. Upon further investigation I determined that rimco did me a favor and linebored the case w/o my knowledge or them telling me or them charging me.....

Now I am faced with a setback that could possibly see my beloved car go into storage long term--

See, I am losing my job in a few months, been knowing it for some time now. Took my truck to carmax to sell it and get from under the note / gas / insurance delimma. My teener was going to be my transpo for the time being. Now I am stuck with a complete tear down and cleaning, reinspecting the case to see just what size it is now, reordering a gasket set and main bearings that I simply do not have the money for, nor the time to do it all before my life goes to shit.

So now it looks as if I am stuck with my best buddies Moe and Joe to get me around SoFl, that a my very old and rusty 15 speed bicycle---

On top of all that I am at a loss for getting the much needed education loan which is crucial if not paramount to me going back to school and making something of my white ass in this land of affirmative action. And I still have my beloved little Angel to take care of-----

Any of you guys ever have a dark cloud follow you and just not let up??

Ok rant over--sigh, it really sucks, but right now, you guys are the only shoulders I can cry on--sniff, sniff,,,,,,, sigh----
Mueller
maybe you can find a running engine for dirt cheap to get you by????

sorry to hear about the case, that just plain sucks.....
SirAndy
yeah, get a running 1.7 or 1.8 and slapp it in ...
it'll get you around town easy and they can be had very cheap ...

cheer up, we've all been there (well, at least us old farts) ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Allan
Why not just find out what the alignbore was, i.e. std crank .020 case and just get the proper bearings? They did it to me as well and all seems well so far... confused24.gif
redshift
pinch.gif

Things all come down like an avalanche.. it'll work out.. it's just won't be fun for a while... accept that it's not going to be fun, and walk on through.

I am in a boat like your's, but different. It's not going to be fun, for a while. sad.gif

SHIT!

sheeplove.gif
MattR
I'm never going back to rimco again. You're the third person I know of that hasnt been happy with their results, and Todd is a major dhead.gif

Tough luck on your project, but hang in there. Maybe if you leave it in your garage long enough it will finish itself smile.gif
Brando
PM Sent.
snflupigus
know the feeling - i moved to az thinking i had it made... i did for 6 months... then whoosh. -- let go in jan. no job for 2 months, cashed the 401k,

new $436 truck payment + 250 insurance (AZ insurance SUCKS) + 300 for gas... = not cool without a good job... not to mention other bills and the speedster had just got it's engine pulled for building a 2275... it's still sitting.

luckily i could sell the truck back to my family's gm dealership for what i owed. bought the 914 for transportation. If it had broken down - I would have been hosed as I was driving it about 130 miles a day for my new sales job making less than half what i had with the co that relocated me. dealership is in IA so not like they could loan me one...

BUT - alas, it cant last forever and now i have a good job with chase/bankOne making possibly more than i had when i moved here.

SO - keep your head up - shit cant happen forever, everything runs out of shit. even life, thats shitting on you right now.

have you tried to get your machine shop to replace the case with another fresh one with what you spec'd for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.