Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Route 66 Classic 2005 - June 11, 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
ThinAir
Thanks to John Peterson (VegasRacer) for suggesting this event, taking care of the T-shirts, and driving the route West-East ahead of time to scope things out.

I really appreciate all the folks who came out for it, especially those who came all the way from S. CA just for a 1-day drive. I had an absolute blast! We'll definitely be talking about what can be done for 2006!
ThinAir
The latecomers get to park the farthest away! This is the Route 66 Diner in Ash Fork, AZ.
ThinAir
Left to Right -

Mike Ginter, Ron (Slits), Liz (TurtleGirl), Toast, Mike DeVries (Mike9142.0), Nick DeVries, Linda Horne, Joe Sharp, John Peterson
ThinAir
Breakfast! Renda & her crew really outdid themselves (Yes, it's Renda, not Brenda - one of her crew corrected me on the name)
ThinAir
Not exactly a LeMans start, but it's a lineup of sorts - the usual suspects.
ThinAir
Drivers, start your engines!
ThinAir
Off into the wide open spaces. My view for most of the day - John in the lead, then Mike DeVries, Slits/Toast.
ThinAir
Hangin' out in Seligman
ThinAir
Lots of old stuff to look at. I always loved those old milk trucks - I remember when my family got milk delivered to the house by one!
ThinAir
Downtown Seligman
ThinAir
John, Liz, Mike DeVries, Linda, Nick, Ron
ThinAir
John, Liz, Mike Ginter, Nick, Mike DeVries
ThinAir
Wide open spaces! Ron felt a few raindrops in his open roof.
ThinAir
Grand Canyon Caverns. We seemed to always end up in this order. By the end of the day I was getting pretty good at backing up the teener.
ThinAir
Grand Canyon Caverns was great fun - lota of corny jokes
ThinAir
Inside the caverns
ThinAir
More caverns
ThinAir
I think we were a little bit more to handle than our guide was used to
ThinAir
GCC is one of the largest dry caverns in the U.S.
ThinAir
Anyone want some emergency water, crackers & candy? It's only been here since the 60's!
ThinAir
Nick & Rex - no one explained why Rex was there
ThinAir
The view in my rear-view mirror (from Dr. Evil!)
ThinAir
Hackenberry AZ - quite a place!
ThinAir
Hackenberry has one of the most fascinating collections of stuff around.
ThinAir
Some of the cars were actually driveable!
ThinAir
Toast & Linda. Toast - I swear this is really the only picture I took of you rearranging your hair.
ThinAir
Burma Shave!
ThinAir
Hmmm... getting closer to some twisties!
ThinAir
Oatman Hwy - let the fun begin!
ThinAir
Twisties ahead
ThinAir
I wish there was a way to capture just how fun this road turned out to be!
ThinAir
Mike DeVries, running the twisties
ThinAir
He'll be comin' round the corner...
ThinAir
Oh boy, someone to chase!
ThinAir
The view toward uptown Oatman (it's uphill from where we are)
ThinAir
Ron, Nick & John - someone said that was Miles between Ron & Nick. He did bite!
ThinAir
It was interesting watching the tankers swoop in as we descended towards the Colorado River.
ThinAir
Nick, Mike DeVries, Mike Ginter, Toast and Ron after we found Joe Sharp by the side of the highway.
ThinAir
Just about to drive off into the sunset. What a great day!
ThinAir
Thanks to everyone for a great day! Thanks TurtleGirl for bringing the beer - I finally got to enjoy some of that wheat beer today - good stuff! beer.gif
Toast
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jun 13 2005, 07:49 PM)
The latecomers get to park the farthest away!  This is the Route 66 Diner in Ash Fork, AZ.

Hummmm........I wonder who was the last to show up? idea.gif

Toast - I swear this is really the only picture I took of you rearranging your hair.

Suuuurrrrrre. biggrin.gif I was giving Ernie crap about pics of me being taken when I was doing something silly (like stuffing my hair back in my hat). rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.