Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air blower and fuel sender connector wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
Okay, I'm a dipshit. I was installing new grommets on my wiring harness today and had to remove the two black square connectors that plug into the fuel sender and fresh air blower. My phone was two floor up so instead of taking pictures like I should have, I just assumed the wiring schematics would show the pinout like it does for gauges and other stuff. WRONG! blowup.gif I feel like I've seen these posted below, but haven't had luck with search. Can anybody help an idiot out? hands.gif
bbrock
I found this pic of an '87 944 fuel sender connector and took a guess the 914 is the same. Only difference is the 914 has a black wire instead of the white one. I'm not sure that's correct but it's my best guess at this point.

IPB Image

The fresh air blower is driving me nuts. The only schematics in the factory manual labels the wires by power and fan speed. Problem is that neither the connector or receptacle on the blower are labeled by fan speed so the schematics are almost worthless for figuring out the pinout of the connector. If anyone who has a harness handy could pop the cap off that connector and snap a picture, I'd be very grateful. I'm very annoyed with myself for being so careless.
barefoot
You've fallen into tall cotton my friend, just happen to have a harness out on the bench.
here you go:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
cary
Just checking .............. making sure you got what you needed.
Just got to the shop and have a harness hanging on the wall.
bbrock
I'm almost there thanks to barefoot helping me hack my way out of this tall cotton. I'm just down to those bottom wires on the fresh air blower now. I can't quite make them out on the pic. My guess is that yw/wh is lower left on the pic and lower right is white, but that's only a guess.
bbrock
Something seems amiss. On my harness (a '73) the longer wires are grn/wh and yw/wh. The only way to get the wires to lie straight without looping out is to install those two wires in the top pins (1,2). I don't think the loops of extra wire were present before I pulled my stupid stunt.
barefoot
My photos are from a 75 or 76 but i doubt they ever changed these
BTW the white w/yellow stripe is left & all white on right
Barefoot
bbrock
QUOTE(barefoot @ Jul 26 2018, 03:10 PM) *

My photos are from a 75 or 76 but i doubt they ever changed these
BTW the white w/yellow stripe is left & all white on right
Barefoot

Thanks! I double checked the blower part number to make sure it never changed over the production run and it didn't. So I will go with your pinout. Thanks for posting and verifying those last colors. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.