Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rates have gone up...........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
forrestkhaag
Just to let you know how screwy screwy.gif this 911 and 914 parts bidness is, I just sold my 911 SC distributor w/ cap and rotor to a really nice guy in Puerto Rico and it turns out there is a dearth of 911 parts available in PR........ Imagine that..... I caunt mispuell his name incorrectly (Larmo), so I will not make an attemph. However, what is aparent to me iz that rates have gone up........... substantially up in the last two years.

Ah.!! At last, Spellcheck is now working (.......... Larmo)....

To the point in fact, I have now sold off the ignition parts down to the SC wires and back to the MSD and coil for more than the total cost of my 911SC "core" / A core that only in needed of valve guides.......

But of course, being me, I tore the entire thing down to every nut and bolt and enlisted a truly talented 911 engine prep shop in LA to oversee the rebuild.

The moral of a story is supposed to teach you how to be a better person.

The moral of this story is simple: buy low and sell high / but not so high as to be a bad person in the bargain. I am now developing a distant I-relationship with this guy in PR thru an E bay sale, who needs everything from tools to parts and he is eager to learn and humble in his pursuit. Sounds like a good candidate for a 914teener.....

beerchug.gif

worn
So, you are blaming Larmo? Bold, but I like bold.
Chip
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jul 25 2018, 06:52 PM) *

Just to let you know how screwy screwy.gif this 911 and 914 parts bidness is, I just sold my 911 SC distributor w/ cap and rotor to a really nice guy in Puerto Rico and it turns out there is a dearth of 911 parts available in PR........ Imagine that..... I caunt mispuell his name incorrectly (Larmo), so I will not make an attemph. However, what is aparent to me iz that rates have gone up........... substantially up in the last two years.

Ah.!! At last, Spellcheck is now working (.......... Larmo)....

To the point in fact, I have now sold off the ignition parts down to the SC wires and back to the MSD and coil for more than the total cost of my 911SC "core" / A core that only in needed of valve guides.......

But of course, being me, I tore the entire thing down to every nut and bolt and enlisted a truly talented 911 engine prep shop in LA to oversee the rebuild.

The moral of a story is supposed to teach you how to be a better person.

The moral of this story is simple: buy low and sell high / but not so high as to be a bad person in the bargain. I am now developing a distant I-relationship with this guy in PR thru an E bay sale, who needs everything from tools to parts and he is eager to learn and humble in his pursuit. Sounds like a good candidate for a 914teener.....

beerchug.gif

You say good things. What is more important than to try and lift a few spirits, help someone out? If you are going to raise some funds or send Larmo some stuff, I would like to contribute.
Chip smash.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.