Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weekend Pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
racejoe
Getting ready to work...

user posted image
racejoe
Passenger area, previously fixed inner long, floorpan. Now the cross member and seat hinges.

user posted image
racejoe
Some work in process...

user posted image
racejoe
The trunk floors...

user posted image

user posted image
racejoe
And Headlight Bucket fix....

user posted image

Whats left to weld? Inner firewall, right rear jacking triangle and the jacking posts. Plus whatever else I find on the way...
racejoe
Hey good news! R-D just called, the inner firewall and rear jacking triangle should be on the way in the next couple of days!!
tat2dphreak
smilie_pokal.gif looking good man!!
jet1
RD called!! OMG! you are one of the lucky ones! How many times did you call them before they called you back?

The progress looks good! smilie_pokal.gif I wish I was that far along.
Jakester
QUOTE (racejoe @ Jun 13 2005, 07:23 PM)
Some work in process...

user posted image

Is that a properly supported load?!? From one newbie to another - USE YOUR JACK STANDS!

Our cars are cool, but not worth a decapitation. chairfall.gif

Your progress looks good! I'll be following in your footsteps within a few weeks. welder.gif
racejoe
No problem, there is a jackstand behind me that you can't see in the picture. If you look close you can see a block of wood under the rear suspension, that is where the jackstand is.

Called R-D twice.
jet1
to get a reply after only two calls is a good sign. Maybe they are finally getting their act together.
URY914
Go Man GO!!! smilie_pokal.gif

welder.gif

Paul
racejoe
Not only did R-D leave a message at home with the status of my order, they also called my office and left a message there.

Very nice! Hopefully a sign of things to come!
dakotaewing
Are you using the exterior long reinforcement kit made by....??? I forgot his name - Really great guy -

His shop is in illinios.... I got one of those that I am about to put on my car - what do you think of the kit - it is some SERIOUS metal -

Thom
ThinAir
Very nice! I really want to learn how to weld!
Evill Ed
QUOTE (dakotaewing @ Jun 15 2005, 07:49 AM)
Are you using the exterior long reinforcement kit made by....??? I forgot his name - Really great guy -

His shop is in illinios.... I got one of those that I am about to put on my car - what do you think of the kit - it is some SERIOUS metal -

Thom

Brad Mayeur.

Great Kit.

Ed
racejoe
Yes, the longitudinal reinforcements are made and sold by Brad Mayeur in Illinois. I really like them and look forward to driving with them. They REALLY stiffen up the chassis. I can see the difference just jacking the car up and stuff.
dakotaewing
QUOTE (racejoe @ Jun 15 2005, 04:18 PM)
Yes, the longitudinal reinforcements are made and sold by Brad Mayeur in Illinois.  I really like them and look forward to driving with them.  They REALLY stiffen up the chassis.  I can see the difference just jacking the car up and stuff.

Brad's name was at the tip of my tongue this morning when I wrote that post...
I was going to use brads kit and I was thinking of using engmans kit as well...
I would be happy to hear any thoughts on that...

TE
racejoe
I don't know the engmans kit, what is that all about? Also, a chassis stiffening kit came with my parts car. I haven't installed it and I wonder if it will do much since I have Brad's kit on there. Any suggestions?
racejoe
If decapitation worries you, take a look at this one!

user posted image

The lens makes that fuel filter look a lot closer than it is, plus it has been dry for 5 years!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.