Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 74 Porsche 914 Light Issues
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9144me2enjoy
Working on a 1974 Porsche 914, when you turn the headlights on, the front headlights work fine but not tail lights! The back up light on the right side, inner light comes on and the right front running light comes on. The right rear light on far right comes on but its dim. I’ve checked and made sure the trans is in Neutral not reverse. Suggestions, thanks for any help.
9144me2enjoy
Pics
Chris914n6
Undo the 4 nuts and pull the housing out so you can flip it over. Then put the connectors where they need to be. Each terminal is labeled and wiring diagrams are easy to find.
9144me2enjoy
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Jul 26 2018, 11:30 PM) *

Undo the 4 nuts and pull the housing out so you can flip it over. Then put the connectors where they need to be. Each terminal is labeled and wiring diagrams are easy to find.

I did that, it apppears when it came back from the body shop they had hooked the wires up improperly. After changing them back per diagram, all lights are working except the left side running lights. I’m not getting power to the rear lights #5 pole. I found I had a blown fuse, tomorrow I will see if I caint track down the bad wire causing the fuse to blow. Thanks
914Sixer
Judging front the brightness of one or more lights and how dim the other is, you have a short or ground. Make sure you have the right bulbs in the base right.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
to begin with you have a loose or blown fuse that is why the left running lights do not work, secondly, you should check the tail light wiring sequence (there is of course a good explanation in the Tech Tips 700 book, and finally make sure that the grounds behind the left engine compartment firewall relay board are clean and tightly connected Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

by the way, to get license from Porsche, I had to put vw-porsche 914 on the front cover!!!!
9144me2enjoy
Figured all the lights out, thanks again for all your help! driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.