Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wanted: Flared Fender 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RolinkHaus
Looking for an project car with flared fenders almost finished with engine and trans. 10 to 15K
Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Looking for something closer to home, but nice ride!! smile.gif)
jtf914
No affiliation, eninge mount looks a little suspect:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/914-...6637479663.html
deemsriddle
QUOTE(Justin Fischer @ Jul 28 2018, 07:05 AM) *

No affiliation, eninge mount looks a little suspect:

https://newlondon.craigslist.org/cto/d/914-...6637479663.html

I am familiar with this car. I went to see it in Murfreesboro TN a couple of year ago. If anyone's interested, PM me. Not a bad car if you can make the Subaru work in the 914 chassis. One point of interest. The front chrome bumper was covered with aluminum foil.
RolinkHaus
Meh...not a fan of putting Subaru or Chevy engines in a VW/Porsche, not that there's anything wrong with that, just not for me. German cars should only have German parts beerchug.gif
73-914
Wasn't this also in NY?
GaroldShaffer
I have this. Little more than $15k, but we can talk. Come up to my BBQ Aug 4th and take it for a drive.

My BBQ link ------->CLICK HERE

Chassis:
- 73 chassis with steel GT flares
- Roll cage
- Fiberglass bumpers & rocker panels
Suspension:
- 911 front suspension with Koni adjustable shocks
- H&H front adjustable front sway bar
- Koni adjustable rear shock with adjustable spring collar
- Stock factory rear sway bar
- Rims are 7x16 front and 8x16 rear. All are real Fuchs rims
Engine & Transmission:
- 2.0L engine built out to 2.7L
- Tuna can oil pickup
- Front mount oil cooler
- Headers
- Stock transmission (side shift) with solid trans mounts
Interior:
- Non-cracked dash top
- Welded in roll cage
- GTS Classics seats – Drivers is Nurburgring 5504 leather / corduroy. Passenger is LeMans 5202 leatherette / basket weave with removable headrest.
- New G Force 5 point seat belts
- Center console with gauges
- Momo steering wheel
- NO ventilation system just fresh air blower.
General info:
I am the 5th owner since new (actual 3rd & 5th) I found this 914 5 years ago in Chicago and purchased it from the 2nd owner. He had all the go fast parts done to it back in the 90’s. It was going to be his street / track day car. It was used a handful of times over the years for track day stuff. It had sat in storage for about 4 years before I bought it. I spent a Saturday getting running and driving again and sold it to a buddy of mine. He to only drove it a handful of times and in 2014 I bought it back. I had Brad Mayeur go through it then and he has seen it since then few more times
Since then I have used it mainly for local street driving and Auto-crossing. I have run it mainly with the Indiana NorthWest region SCCA.

Yes, it is very orange. Paint shows some wear from auto-crossing, but there is no crash damage. Overall a great fun and fast car to drive. Asking $23.9K OBO and can deliver within 150miles of Chicago for free. Title is in my name. Please feel free to email me at: 914eco@gmail.com or call me at 219-730-9205 (before 9pm central time please) Addition pictures at https://postimg.org/gallery/375yc56t6/
RolinkHaus
Love this car, out of my price range. Is there any rust?

uote name='Garold Shaffer' date='Jul 29 2018, 04:36 PM' post='2633488']
I have this. Little more than $15k, but we can talk. Come up to my BBQ Aug 4th and take it for a drive.

My BBQ link ------->CLICK HERE

Chassis:
- 73 chassis with steel GT flares
- Roll cage
- Fiberglass bumpers & rocker panels
Suspension:
- 911 front suspension with Koni adjustable shocks
- H&H front adjustable front sway bar
- Koni adjustable rear shock with adjustable spring collar
- Stock factory rear sway bar
- Rims are 7x16 front and 8x16 rear. All are real Fuchs rims
Engine & Transmission:
- 2.0L engine built out to 2.7L
- Tuna can oil pickup
- Front mount oil cooler
- Headers
- Stock transmission (side shift) with solid trans mounts
Interior:
- Non-cracked dash top
- Welded in roll cage
- GTS Classics seats – Drivers is Nurburgring 5504 leather / corduroy. Passenger is LeMans 5202 leatherette / basket weave with removable headrest.
- New G Force 5 point seat belts
- Center console with gauges
- Momo steering wheel
- NO ventilation system just fresh air blower.
General info:
I am the 5th owner since new (actual 3rd & 5th) I found this 914 5 years ago in Chicago and purchased it from the 2nd owner. He had all the go fast parts done to it back in the 90’s. It was going to be his street / track day car. It was used a handful of times over the years for track day stuff. It had sat in storage for about 4 years before I bought it. I spent a Saturday getting running and driving again and sold it to a buddy of mine. He to only drove it a handful of times and in 2014 I bought it back. I had Brad Mayeur go through it then and he has seen it since then few more times
Since then I have used it mainly for local street driving and Auto-crossing. I have run it mainly with the Indiana NorthWest region SCCA.

Yes, it is very orange. Paint shows some wear from auto-crossing, but there is no crash damage. Overall a great fun and fast car to drive. Asking $23.9K OBO and can deliver within 150miles of Chicago for free. Title is in my name. Please feel free to email me at: 914eco@gmail.com or call me at 219-730-9205 (before 9pm central time please) Addition pictures at https://postimg.org/gallery/375yc56t6/
[/quote]
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Jul 29 2018, 03:46 PM) *

Love this car, out of my price range. Is there any rust?

No, it is a very solid car. Come up to the BBQ next Saturday if you can. Weather looks to be dry, but HOT. dry.gif

Check with Brad Mayeur at 914LTD 309-694-1797 as he comes across many a 914 and maybe able to help you out.
RolinkHaus
Do you have pics of trunks front and rear, engine bay, interior, etc. Tried the link, didn't work.
GaroldShaffer
ok
RolinkHaus
Thanks for the pics what’s the horsepower rating on the engine?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Jul 29 2018, 08:41 PM) *

Thanks for the pics what’s the horsepower rating on the engine?

To be honest I am not sure. I have never had it on a dyno. I would guess 180+ It can put you back in the seat when you launch it. evilgrin.gif
RolinkHaus
Did you say the fenders are fiberglass?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Jul 30 2018, 06:53 PM) *

Did you say the fenders are fiberglass?

No they are steel.
RolinkHaus
Wish I could make the BBQ, flying to Florida with the family for a week. PM'd you..
RolinkHaus
Send more pics if you've got them aktion035.gif driving.gif
RolinkHaus
When the engine was modified, was a spec clutch installed?
RolinkHaus
Sorry for the questions is it possible to reinstall the heater system?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 1 2018, 08:20 PM) *

When the engine was modified, was a spec clutch installed?

I don't know, it was done before I owned it. I have had no need to replace anything so I haven't messed with it.

As for reinstalling the heater system. I'm sure you could. The front oil cooler lines would need to be rerouted as the are ran through the passenger side long.

As for more pictures, what do you want to see?
RolinkHaus
Thanks for the info. Any other pics you might have, thanks for all the ones you posted. Close-up of the paint. Looks like a red / orange color.
GaroldShaffer
Paint color is close to Tangerine. When you get back from your trip PM me if your still interested in the 914. We can make plans to get together so you can see it in person I really don't feel like post tons of pictures here. I have nothing to hide, it's a great car. Is it perfect, no, but still a nice car.
RolinkHaus
Sounds good I’ll be in touch
RolinkHaus
Very interested, any videos???
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 2 2018, 05:41 PM) *

No
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 2 2018, 09:14 PM) *

QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 2 2018, 05:41 PM) *

No

Actually that's not true. I forgot I let the our local Hot shoe autocrosser co-drive my car in Kokomo at Grissom AFB a few years ago. He kicked my butt! Never claimed to be a great autocorsser, but I have fun.

Not sure how to add video's to these post so copy and paste these two links. One is him and the other me.

Him - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hufp7aB26DI

Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ5eCyot-bA
mepstein
Your 2 hours away. Take a drive. Garold's a great guy. I'm sure it will be worth the trip.

and welcome.png
RolinkHaus
Thanks. Our family had a 914 growing up, among other air-cooled Vee Dubs. My dad was from the "old country". Traveled to Germany several times. Absolutely love Porsche and VW.
Currently drive a Golf R.

Click to view attachment
RolinkHaus
Garold,
Hope drive up in a few weeks, if still avail. Just started a new job.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 6 2018, 01:08 PM) *

Garold,
Hope drive up in a few weeks, if still avail. Just started a new job.

PM when you are ready. It is currently available.
RolinkHaus
Garold,

Do you have detailed info on the engine build?
RolinkHaus
Still looking for a restored or original 914. Doesn’t necessarily have to have flared fenders.

Cash in hand 15 to 20K.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(RolinkHaus @ Aug 11 2018, 03:51 AM) *

Still looking for a restored or original 914. Doesn’t necessarily have to have flared fenders.

Cash in hand 15 to 20K.

Have you contacted Brad Mayeur yet? I am pretty sure he has sold the excellent green 75 (76?) he had, but he comes across many a nice car and he is not that far away.

RolinkHaus
Good point. Really looking for at least a 2.0. I will give him a PM.

Thx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.