Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 is mad at me...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike Bellis
I was working on my 1975 Jeep Wagoneer and my 1997 Dodge Cummins today. My poor 914 was neglected and through a temper tantrum.

I looked over and saw a small puddle of coolant on the floor under little Sasquatch. It was a very slow drip; about one per minute. I told him I was sorry and moved some things out of the way to get him started, just to circulate fluids. I promised him I would work on him next weekend... (Am I the only one that talks to my car?)

I checked the oil level and topped off a 1/2 quart. Started him up and he pissed all the coolant all over the garage floor... Lost about a gallon or so... sad.gif

Little fucher decided to throw a full tantrum. Apparently not satisfied with attention next week. I guess he gets his way and I'll jack it up tomorrow and see what came loose... chair.gif

Vanity pic to put him in a better mood... first.gif

Click to view attachment

ConeDodger
sad.gif
ValcoOscar
Great thread title piratenanner.gif

Oscar
914Toy
More please, good chuckle so far biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 28 2018, 10:11 PM) *

I told him I was sorry and moved some things out of the way to get him started, just to circulate fluids. I promised him I would work on him next weekend... (Am I the only one that talks to my car?)

Nope. Not by a long shot. Betty regularly talks to her car, and I picked up the habit too. And Frody (Betty's car) gets pissy when I work on other cars. I have been working on "Elwood" (the six) to get a bunch of stuff done for Okteenerfest. So Frody suddenly started cutting out under acceleration. I had to take time to repair a ground wire problem on the fuel injection. I went back to Elwood, and now Frody is starting hard. headbang.gif

Damn bitchy, spoiled prima donna car....... He knows he is the number 1 914 in the garage.

Front yard mechanic
Somebody scratch my balls av-943.gif
76-914
All I can say is when they do talk to you, you'd better respond or things get bad quickly. Almost like a marriage, huh? beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
I figured out what had him all riled up... Broken fitting on the air/water intercooler. Should be an easy fix and it was a closed loop system so the engine coolant was not compromised. Could have been much worse... Brass reducer cracked. Blue hose fitting threads are galled up...

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.