Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber protection cap for alternator harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bbrock
I'm rebuilding my alternator harness and having a heck of a time finding the rubber cap for the ring connector on the alternator end of the 10 gauge wire. PET lists the part number for the starter protection cap (999.659.006.50) but I have one in hand and it is a different animal. Made a couple failed attempts to order suitable replacements on ebay but descriptions are lacking. Here's the dude I'm after, any help appreciated.

Click to view attachment
sithot
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 31 2018, 12:24 AM) *

I'm rebuilding my alternator harness and having a heck of a time finding the rubber cap for the ring connector on the alternator end of the 10 gauge wire. PET lists the part number for the starter protection cap (999.659.006.50) but I have one in hand and it is a different animal. Made a couple failed attempts to order suitable replacements on ebay but descriptions are lacking. Here's the dude I'm after, any help appreciated.

Click to view attachment

Timmy2 on Pelican (Dennis Powell) He make beautiful custom wiring harnesses.

You might also check with Kroon.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&a...nWNlbvcTyjzxYs9
bdstone914
914 Rubber. Stoddard sells a package of small boots with that one.
bbrock
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 31 2018, 06:19 AM) *

Woohoo! I always try 914rubber first but only found complete harnesses there. The Stoddard tip was the trick. Found the boot kits; from there I was able to find the individual boot. It's a 356 part (part# 616.109.381.00). With part number in hand, I was able to find it at all the usual suspects. Ordering some from Pelican.

You have no idea how much time I've wasted on Google trying to find these. I have all the other bits needed to build my own harness but that. Thanks! beerchug.gif
sithot
QUOTE(bbrock @ Jul 31 2018, 09:51 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 31 2018, 06:19 AM) *

Woohoo! I always try 914rubber first but only found complete harnesses there. The Stoddard tip was the trick. Found the boot kits; from there I was able to find the individual boot. It's a 356 part (part# 616.109.381.00). With part number in hand, I was able to find it at all the usual suspects. Ordering some from Pelican.

You have no idea how much time I've wasted on Google trying to find these. I have all the other bits needed to build my own harness but that. Thanks! beerchug.gif

I JUST found that in the garage and ran back to the house to post it. lol

Ask for Paul Domitrovic if you call them. Great guy I've been doing business with for longer than I can remember.

TomClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
I've always got them from West Coast Metric, looks like the same exact part
bbrock
QUOTE(sithot @ Jul 31 2018, 08:09 AM) *

I JUST found that in the garage and ran back to the house to post it. lol

Ask for Paul Domitrovic if you call them. Great guy I've been doing business with for longer than I can remember.

Tom

biggrin.gif beer.gif
Mikey914
I'll get these listed up as well as the clips shown. We do have the rubber grommets listed here -

https://shop.914rubber.com/914-Alternator-h...met-914AHG1.htm
Mikey914
If we have enough guys interested I'll do a GB for 10 at $66 each complete.
Let me know if there is an interest.
Mikey914
Just got the caps and the connectors listed.
Even put them on sale for ya.

https://www.shop.914rubber.com/914-Alternto...m?categoryId=-1

https://www.shop.914rubber.com/alternator-h...m?categoryId=-1

bbrock
You da man! thumb3d.gif I wasn't planning to get the clips but, dang you, you got me again! biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Pretty sure the clips are not commercially available. We looked high and low before we made them.
IronHillRestorations
smilie_pokal.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 31 2018, 05:59 PM) *

Mark , is that for the whole harness, wires etc?

Phil
DRPHIL914
BTW this is a great buy if its the whole harness clips and the grommet and boot!!
PLEASE sent me one today- holy cow i think this is my 5th order in the past 2 weeks alone! slap.gif every time i turn around its 5 or 6 more bits,
Mikey914
QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 1 2018, 08:53 AM) *

Phil

Yes ill st art a thread.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 1 2018, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Aug 1 2018, 08:53 AM) *

Phil

Yes ill st art a thread.

Lets do this, I need asap , will be putting the motor back in car very soon-
Mikey914
Done even thew in an inspection cover N/C !
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 3 2018, 12:01 PM) *

Done even thew in an inspection cover N/C !

Nice! I would have jumped right on this had I not already spent my money buying parts to make my own, but happy this will help others out. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.