Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intermittent Mis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jackba
All,
Looking for some diagnostic assistance for my stock '74 2.0 with FI.
I was driving back to the Truckee area from Reno on Sunday and the car began stuttering. It happened for a quarter mile or so then stopped. I took it easy the last 20 miles. It was a very hot day.

I left Truckee for Sacramento this morning and the car ran great until I got within 25 miles of home when it started missing/stuttering again. It is also very hot in Sacramento.

I've never had this experience in the 5 years since I've owned this car. I always try and drive it in cooler weather but there was a Porsche event in Reno I wanted to attend this past Sunday.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jack
9144me2enjoy
You might post this under: 914 World Garage on this site and you will get some great advise! Good luck
skjl47
QUOTE(Jackba @ Jul 31 2018, 05:17 PM) *

All,
Looking for some diagnostic assistance for my stock '74 2.0 with FI.
I was driving back to the Truckee area from Reno on Sunday and the car began stuttering. It happened for a quarter mile or so then stopped. I took it easy the last 20 miles. It was a very hot day.

I left Truckee for Sacramento this morning and the car ran great until I got within 25 miles of home when it started missing/stuttering again. It is also very hot in Sacramento.

I've never had this experience in the 5 years since I've owned this car. I always try and drive it in cooler weather but there was a Porsche event in Reno I wanted to attend this past Sunday.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jack

Hello; Back in the late 1970's I replaced the fuel filter on my 914 with the FI. A factory fuel filter was not handy so I used a metal can type with the same inlet and outlet size. Worked just fine until the first real warm day in spring in bumper to bumper traffic. The engine would miss badly. I pulled off and let it cool down a while and then headed home. Fine on the highway. A proper fuel filter cured the problem which was heat boiling the fuel in the metal filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.