Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on value
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theer
I have a '72 which I had cobbled together from basically two or three parts cars. My first was a 1970 (4 cyl) with 40k miles and a perfect interior but beyond my ability to save from the attack of the tin worm. The second was the '72 shell I bought in California.

Because the '70 interior was/is pristine, I put it into the '72 shell... including the fixed passenger seat, and non-retractable seat belts.

I would now like to update to the more correct movable passenger seat and retractable belts. I have collected all the parts I need for the switch.

Questions: what's the value of a really nice matching original basketweave seats / back rest / seat belt set (sadly, no door panels)? Were the /4 and /6 interiors the same back in 1970?

I also have the original radio with chrome faceplate.

I know, I know.. need to post pictures. But I'll do that for the FS ad.

Thanks,
Tom
gcrotvik
"Pristine" is a subjective word that has a specific meaning to each person. Pictures would help determine the value. Color matters also. I would post at least one picture that shows what you have.
theer
Thanks for the feedback.

Condition: no cracks, tears, or other defects. Original and almost 50 years old, so not "new", either.

Color is black.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
If pristine and original, some six guy would beg for it, seats back pad door panels, at least 950.00
mepstein
Couple hundred if the driver seat is in very good condition. Do you have center console/third seat with it? Seat belts are $200 pair if pristine, 100 if driver condition.
rhodyguy
Huge and oversized $ to ship the backpad. It will take 1 box just for the seat.
theer
Excellent feedback - thanks all.

George: No door panels, unfortunately...

Mark: I do have the center console/third seat cushion as well as the center seat belts. It's a 3-seater!

And yeah, Kevin, shipping will be a challenge. I haven't had it off the car in many years, so don't remember condition of backpad backer board. Probably just "OK".

Thanks, again.

burton73
I paid Garold $350 for a super nice Brown early interior with no speaker hole door panels for $350. Shipping was $350 from the east to CA.

A bargain if you did not have the shipping.

Bob B

mepstein
George - if you know an early six owner who needs it, my pristine chestnut brown interior is for sale.
burton73
Mark,

That is truly a pristine interior and well worth your asking price to the right guy.

Bob B
wub.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Aug 2 2018, 02:41 PM) *

Mark,

That is truly a pristine interior and well worth your asking price to the right guy.

Bob B
wub.gif

I forgot to include the brown dog bone. For another $1,200 i’d probably give up the perfect top and bottom dash pads and then regret it shortly after. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.