Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
P_G
Hello All,

I am new to this form being a first time 914 owner.

I would like help finding a Reputable Engine Builder In the Los Angles Area.
I would like to have my 1973 2.0L Rebuilt stock or maybe about 2.2L.
I had a few recomendations only to find they are not building 4 cylinder engines any more only 6.

Any leads would be appreciated!

Thank you for your time.

P G
( 1972 1.7L Silver ? w/ 2.0L + going in )
mepstein
welcome.png
burton73
welcome.png

Jeffrey had his engine rebuilt by a shop in I think the San Fernando Valley and can tell you what it cost if you keep it a 2L or just a little bigger. He says they are a VW air cooled shop and old school and very good.

Bob B

Los Angeles
burton73
Jeffrey is 914 7T3 on the world. Very nice guy.

Bob B
Cairo94507
welcome.png Welcome to the madness. Lots of good information here. Lots of people who will rebuild your motor. I would suggest checking into the 2056 build and using the stock FI. I also would not limit your builder search to the LA area. Shipping a motor is pretty easy and not that costly. Please don't rush into selecting a shop. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 3 2018, 11:29 AM) *

welcome.png Welcome to the madness. Lots of good information here. Lots of people who will rebuild your motor. I would suggest checking into the 2056 build and using the stock FI. I also would not limit your builder search to the LA area. Shipping a motor is pretty easy and not that costly. Please don't rush into selecting a shop. beerchug.gif

agree.gif our resident 2056 guru is McMark here. Original Customs in the real world. He builds the heck out of 2056 motors!
aharder
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.