Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost a part while driving at 75 MPH
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LukeD
Driving on the freeway today, take the interchange onto Freeway 41 and all of a sudden I see part of my car fly over my head headbang.gif Look in the rear view mirror to see it skip off the ground and onto the shoulder. headbang.gif So I get off and get back on going the other way, get off again and get on going the other way. Pull over where the part is and there is my damn headlight eyebrow all scratch to hell.

I fianlly almost get to my destination and a 914 is going the other way. Flip a u'y and follow him to a parking lot and introduce myself. Guy is about the same age as me, get to talking, tell him about the club.

His name is Danny and here is his car. Pretty clean 74 1.8, he's had it about a year, exchange numbers. Hoping we can get the "Fresno Contigent" as echocanyons puts it, together for some weekend crusing smilie_pokal.gif

Had tha eyebrow not flown off I might not have met him. I guess it was good sacrafice clap.gif

Luke D
redshift
Did he ask about thePink Floyd The Wall browless look?

If ya don' eat you're meat, ya kant hav'ny pudding!

user posted image

-when goats fly-
Rand
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!!"

Cool. A good sacrifice indeed.
echocanyons
Sorry to hear about the eyebrow

:trophy:way to track down the locals, had he heard of the club?

We need to plan a local drive to Shaver anyone interested?
smg914
QUOTE (Rand @ Jun 13 2005, 10:00 PM)
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!!"

Cool. A good sacrifice indeed.

"I certainly was in the race"
Elliot_Cannon
I thought it was beets, not meat.
If ya dont eat your beets na cant have any pudding!
Cheers, Elliot
redshift
Probably is, it's hard to understand English, spoken through English teeth.

-gnarl-

M
jimtab
QUOTE (LukeD @ Jun 13 2005, 09:14 PM)
Driving on the freeway today, take the interchange onto Freeway 41 and all of a sudden I see part of my car fly over my head headbang.gif Look in the rear view mirror to see it skip off the ground and onto the shoulder. headbang.gif So I get off and get back on going the other way, get off again and get on going the other way. Pull over where the part is and there is my damn headlight eyebrow all scratch to hell.

I fianlly almost get to my destination and a 914 is going the other way. Flip a u'y and follow him to a parking lot and introduce myself. Guy is about the same age as me, get to talking, tell him about the club.

His name is Danny and here is his car. Pretty clean 74 1.8, he's had it about a year, exchange numbers. Hoping we can get the "Fresno Contigent" as echocanyons puts it, together for some weekend crusing smilie_pokal.gif

Had tha eyebrow not flown off I might not have met him. I guess it was good sacrafice clap.gif

Luke D

Don't worry that stuff used to happen to me all the time when I drove British cars and bikes....
Lyressa Roberts
ROFL!! What is it about 914's and flying parts? Brad was towing a 914 from Dallas to Arlington one night and the top flew off and almost slammed into the top of me while I was driving SkidMarks car...thank goodness I floored it to get out of the way. And then part of my airdam flew off driving down 280. Now the flying eyebrow. Do you think someone is telling us something about these cars?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.