Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alternator Wiring harness GB $68 if we get 10 takers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
There was a thread regarding parts necessary to rebuild the harness you have.

I proposed a GB if there were 10 takers and will throw in the inspection cover to sweeten the deal!

So, do we have 10?

DRPHIL914
as stated on the previous thread, I am in.
(already in my cart )

This is a nice savings. I just had it pointed out to me on my build and project thread that mine is in need of replacement, and should have it replaced before putting my motor back in the car. so lets get 9 more on this asap- thanks Mark!
gcrotvik
I'm in for one.
billh1963
I'm in!
914-300Hemi
I’m in
cn2800
Please put me down for one!
walterolin
One.
Mblizzard
Add me!
Mikey914
Nice 3 to go.
bdstone914
I need two.
dlee6204
In
billh1963
Looks like 10!
Mikey914
Got our 10, I'll open up the GB and send all PMs shortly.
I will keep this open til the 15th if anyone wants one. we have about 10 in stock and will have another 10 done this next week. I really do like to see these replaced as I've seen some scary ones being removed. Some that have electrical tape patches, crunchy wires, and black as the wiring got way to hot.

So, for fun post up your nastiest harness pics !
billh1963
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 4 2018, 12:15 PM) *

Got our 10, I'll open up the GB and send all PMs shortly.
I will keep this open til the 15th if anyone wants one. we have about 10 in stock and will have another 10 done this next week. I really do like to see these replaced as I've seen some scary ones being removed. Some that have electrical tape patches, crunchy wires, and black as the wiring got way to hot.

So, for fun post up your nastiest harness pics !

Just paid for mine! smile.gif
DRPHIL914
i did a big order yesterday - print and call, that was being held for the results of this , which includes a few parts i forgot in last weeks orders , and new bumper tops! cant wait to get my next order to arrive, once i get this harness my motor can go into the car!
iankarr
Here’s a pic of my nasty old one which was more tape than wire...and a link to the video I made to swap it out with the pristine 914Rubber one...

https://youtu.be/J4UNCeoOcG0

Click to view attachment
Morph914
I'm in for one.

Thanks,
John
markhoward
Im in
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
I'd like one also please!
Thank you,
Andrew
Mikey914
PMs sent to all.
maf914
If not too late, I am in for one. Thanks, Mark.
Mikey914
No, PM has been sent sent

THX
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 3 2018, 10:58 AM) *

I proposed a GB if there were 10 takers and will throw in the inspection cover to sweeten the deal!

So, do we have 10?

Hi Mark,

Got my harness this week and opened it up this morning. I compared it to a NOS harness I have. There seems to be some wires missing on your harness? See the pictures below.

914-300Hemi
I ordered mine and here is the stupid question.
Can you replace it with the alternator still in the car?
Mikey914
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Aug 11 2018, 09:37 PM) *

I ordered mine and here is the stupid question.
Can you replace it with the alternator still in the car?

Metal plate on the back of the alternator needs to be removed, so I'd say no. However you can remove the alternator without dropping the engine. I did it once, it wan't too bad.
Mikey914
Greg,
What is that out of? a 911? or a 6?

I find a few things a little different but could make them. A few more wires and clips.

What I find really unusual is the position on the larger grommet at what I assume is the alternator side (green circle) appears to be backwards (nipple inside the metal toward alternator, and the grommet (red circle) is way too small for the 4 sheet metal.
dlee6204
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Aug 11 2018, 06:30 PM) *

So, do we have 10?

Hi Mark,

Got my harness this week and opened it up this morning. I compared it to a NOS harness I have. There seems to be some wires missing on your harness? See the pictures below.

Your harness is not a 914-4 harness. Maybe a vw bus/411?
seanpaulmc
GB open 'till the 15th... I'm in. Please put me down for one.
cpavlenko

So, do we have 10?

Bummer, I ordered this about a month ago. got the cap for alternator adjustment to. The alternator harness is a great part.
VaccaRabite
I need one if the GB is still open.
Zach
bdstone914
My harness.
Mikey914
A little duct tape you'll be good to go!
sad.gif
settador
I'm in, if it's not too late.

Thanks, Dan
Mike D.
Just ordered mine! Thanks!
Mikey914
Pms sent to all
And No you are not too late.
Rusty
I'm in. Might be good to have around.
ValcoOscar
Late to the party, sorry.

Can I get 2?

Oscar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.