Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - Heated Rear Window
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ClayPerrine
Looking for a working heated rear window. I got one with the car, but it was damaged while bringing it home.
If it didn't come from the factory with one, I wouldn't bother. It's not needed here in Texas.

Will consider one from anywhere. Shipping costs are not a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Clay
cary
Hmm .........no ones coming to the party ?
I think I have 2 of them on the rack. Do they work ?
I can have Super In Law run continuity tests on them Thursday.
914Sixer
Continuity is the problem. My -4 came from Montana so it had one but the window has a few gaps from cleaning over the years.
bdstone914
I have a couple too that may work and need to run the continuity test. I would not buy one on Ebay when they do not state that it was tested. I would sell a good one for $100. Shipping is kind of expensive.
Bruce
bdstone914
QUOTE(cary @ Aug 6 2018, 09:49 PM) *

Hmm .........no ones coming to the party ?
I think I have 2 of them on the rack. Do they work ?
I can have Super In Law run continuity tests on them Thursday.

300 Ohms side to side is the spec.

Krieger
Clay. Can these be repaired?
914sgofast2
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 7 2018, 07:46 AM) *

Clay. Can these be repaired?

Permatex sells 2 types of rear window heater repair kits. One for repairing a loose/broken off tab (Part #21351), and one for repairing a break in the heating grid lines (Part #09117)
cary
I've used this product a couple times with good success.
https://www.frostfighter.com/index.htm
sixaddict
Have one ...not tested as yet but car had 55K miles when it was hit. Seems you probably have located several. Let me know if you need one after the others play out.
ClayPerrine
I am interested in one that doesn't need repair. The car is down because the window is out of it.

Send me some pictures!!! biggrin.gif
914_7T3
Is there an early vs late designation for rear windows? Just curious.
ClayPerrine
I don't think so. There are only two part numbers in PET. One for with heat, and one without. And the with heat is superseded to the number for the one without.
914_7T3
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 9 2018, 02:46 PM) *

I don't think so. There are only two part numbers in PET. One for with heat, and one without. And the with heat is superseded to the number for the one without.

Clay, can you PM me with any that you find that you will not be purchasing? I like the idea of having a spare just in case. My car came with one and its referenced on the COA.

I just don't want to poach on your deal as its your thread. It pisses me off when people do it to me. Thanks.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Aug 9 2018, 06:12 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 9 2018, 02:46 PM) *

Clay, can you PM me with any that you find that you will not be purchasing? I like the idea of having a spare just in case. My car came with one and its referenced on the COA.

I just don't want to poach on your deal as its your thread. It pisses me off when people do it to me. Thanks.

Thanks. I appreciate you being courteous. You can use this to get one for you once I get one.
gulf908
guys

thanks for your timely advices on the heated back window
as a result of some horse trading,I acquired a heated backlite recently which has the regulation ratty wires and the missing side clip
I want to repair this one as the date seems to be the same as my car's build month
Does anyone have a link to the Permatex repair kits pls ?

TIA
Dennis smile.gif
ClayPerrine
Did any of you do the testing on a windows yet? I am ready to buy the first one that tests good.

914_7T3
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 10 2018, 08:05 AM) *

Did any of you do the testing on a windows yet? I am ready to buy the first one that tests good.

and I'm interested in the second..... beer3.gif
PotterPorsche
I have 1 located in Northern California. $200
PotterPorsche
With fluke set to resistance the. Number varies my fluke is set to auto all depend on hard you press the wires

PotterPorsche
With fluke set to resistance the. Number varies my fluke is set to auto all depend on hard you press the wires

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.