Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need to get Shocks and Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Loser_Cruiser
Hello, the shocks on my car are toast and my father and I want to replace the stock springs with some 180 pound springs. He is in L. A. this week on business and was wondering if there are any shops were he can walk in and pick them up for a reasonable price.

Thanks,
IAN
Jacques
user posted image

user posted image Try performance products,. Their Weltmeister springs are in stock.

914 Competition Springs
180 Lb Competition Springs. For the serious road racer or time trialer. Ride height is about 11/2" at the rear fender lip.

http://www.performanceproducts.com/Product...Springs&type=20

Performance Products
8000 Haskell Avenue
Van Nuys, CA 91406
ablose58
You could also try Rich bontempi@ high performance house, that's where I got my koni's and eibach's and adj. perches. smilie_pokal.gif
Joe Ricard
I was looking at my JEG's catalog and found the QA-1 Coil over They also make springs to match in various rates.
Anyone know off the top of thier head what the dimensions are for the rear. Length, stroke(dependant on ride hieght), and bolt size at the bottom mount?

hijacked.gif
tat2dphreak
HPH, or the club store... at the top of the page...
Joe Ricard
I recieved this email back from a QA-1 dealer. More research will be required via telephone.

Chassis Warehouse [chassis_warehouse@yahoo.com]

Hello,

We have a shock that we can put a stud mount kit on. The shock that you would be looking at is a DR4855B or DR4855P. The B is for bearing and uses a 1/2" where the P is for poly urethane and uses a 5/8" bolt. Although this shock will have a stud mount top I can not guarantee that it will work with your application. Large washers may be required. We have the shocks and springs in stock and are ready to ship.

If you have any questions e-mail or call us at 410.796.8777

thank you for your interest,
Carey
www.arundelchassis.com
www.autofabracecars.com
Mueller
shox.com I believe is based in the L.A. area, they have some of the best prices on shocks.....adjustible Koni Yellows get my vote !!!!

Joe,

you are better off going to the website for QA-1, a lot more choices
Joe Ricard
Yea, Didn't see the link in your post. I guess I'll find it during my lunch break
Mueller
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Jun 14 2005, 08:33 AM)
Yea, Didn't see the link in your post. I guess I'll find it during my lunch break

who would have thunk it to be http://www.qa-1.com/ ???? biggrin.gif laugh.gif
lagunero
shox.com is out of San Diego, great prices but only internet I believe (but free shipping for Koni shocks). Van nuys is good and so is Pelican Parts (will call) in El Segundo. LA has 8.25% tax so if you have the time (one week) what is more cost effective, paying the tax or shipping? I bought from Shox.com and the price included tax and shipping and they were still less expensive than other sources I had checked.
Joe Bob
Paragon Motor Sports has always been competitive and up till last time accurate....got a set of FRONT shocks when I ordered REARS....

BTW, still have a USED set of Billstien's with 140 springs sitting around looking for a new home.....
sandman
Be careful with who you buy parts and cars from, you never know what you might wind up with........
Mrs. K
QUOTE (sandman @ Jun 14 2005, 07:48 PM)
Be careful with who you buy parts and cars from, you never know what you might wind up with........

ohmy.gif What's that supposed to mean, "newbie"?
The artist formerly known as "Z" is well known and liked around here! Ask Howard, Scott Kline, A-aron, Slits, Toast, MattR, etc etc etc!
Z is a good and honest guy with lots of helpful info!

He may be a bit screwy.gif...who isn't on this board...but he is well respected!

Lisa mad.gif
sandman
I don't believe in my post I made reference to '*' or who you refer to as "Z". Is '*', Mike Z? I purchased a car from a guy with the initials MZ, is this the same person??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.