Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orange County CA shop recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I may end up needing help on m clutch change due to time constraints, any thoughts on reliable shops that know our cars inside/out?

Thanks!
914_7T3
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 4 2018, 03:42 PM) *

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I may end up needing help on m clutch change due to time constraints, any thoughts on reliable shops that know our cars inside/out?

Thanks!

Without a doubt, Hergesheimer Motorsports in Lake Forest. Talk to Laura, great family owned shop and did PPIs for me on two separate occasions. Great service and quality of work at fair prices.

beerchug.gif
burton73
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Aug 4 2018, 04:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 4 2018, 03:42 PM) *

Thanks!

Without a doubt, Hergesheimer Motorsports in Lake Forest. Talk to Laura, great family owned shop and did PPIs for me on two separate occasions. Great service and quality of work at fair prices.

beerchug.gif

There it is.

Bob B
Blue6
Another option is Aase in Fullerton...
Larmo63
Oscar's in Buena Park....?
Tom_T
Well, also, Bill Brewster in Laguna was a long time 914er option, but I don't know if his shop is still active.

Also Der Buggy in Garden Grove was well liked by some 914 racers I know.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Larmo63
Bill Brewster, and/or his son Scott ripped off a bunch of people and high-tailed it to Oregon.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!
Cairo94507
Aase in Fullerton has my 3.2 for final assemble. They had no shortage of Porsches in their shop when I was there. They definitely know their stuff. Had several race cars parked out front.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 5 2018, 12:58 AM) *

Bill Brewster, and/or his son Scott ripped off a bunch of people and high-tailed it to Oregon.

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!

I hate to say it but the above correct based upon multiple customers. Sad.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 4 2018, 11:44 PM) *

I thought Oscar was just an incredible guy and great part of the community rather shop!

I'm going to need to pull my engine and get the exhaust system sorted out and most likely install a flywheel. Those are all good tech day sort of activities but I am mindful of not wanting to be too self-serving here
914_7T3
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 4 2018, 09:44 PM) *

It’s not a shop, it’s a Lifestyle!

lol-2.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 4 2018, 10:58 PM) *

DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!

agree.gif

Helping a father of a 912 owner here 914 World that had shop at Brewster's shop and return his car back without the steering rack assembly and missing other parts.
Another one like Motor Meister.
Hope his new shop burns to the ground. His website still show the San Clemente address.
914Toy
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 5 2018, 06:02 AM) *

Aase in Fullerton has my 3.2 for final assemble. They had no shortage of Porsches in their shop when I was there. They definitely know their stuff. Had several race cars parked out front.

agree.gif Very experienced and does quality work.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Aug 5 2018, 07:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 4 2018, 11:44 PM) *

I thought Oscar was just an incredible guy and great part of the community rather shop!

I'm going to need to pull my engine and get the exhaust system sorted out and most likely install a flywheel. Those are all good tech day sort of activities but I am mindful of not wanting to be too self-serving here

Tom (Tdskip)

Lets schedule a tech day at my house again so we can get your stuff done. Always a good time hanging with the guys...others are welcome to assisit or just hang out. I have the space.

PM me....

Oscar
r_towle
I am heading to Newport Beach for a few days to work with a client.
Anything interesting to do?
Car shows, museums or collections etc?
whitetwinturbo
Robert............Strasse Auto, Costa Mesa on Ohms Way is a good guy. Lots of Porsche cars in the lot. He has done work on my 993TT, BMW and my Lady's car.
949-645-1928
Larmo63
QUOTE(r_towle @ Aug 5 2018, 01:11 PM) *

I am heading to Newport Beach for a few days to work with a client.
Anything interesting to do?
Car shows, museums or collections etc?

Come to Crystal Cove Cars n' Coffee, but tell us you'll be there, I would love to meet you!!!
Tdskip
Marconni auto museum in Tustin, a bit of a hidden gem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.