Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Overdue intro
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
3stewarts
I have been somewhat a lurker on this sight for years. I’ve bought parts, sold cars and gathered a great deal of knowledge and understanding from the members here!

Been a fan of Porsche since I was a teenager, owned my 1st, a 356 at age 17.
My 1st 914 came at age 20 ( been a few years ago ).

Fixed a few and crushed a couple over the years.

Anyway, my latest project has been given some interest so I wanted to post a few pictures so some could see what I’ve been doing for the past 3 years.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1974 914 2.0 I towed it out of a garage over 3 years ago from an enthusiast that always wanted to bring it back to life. As we all know other commitments get in the way so thankfully he passed it on to me. After some rust repair to the longs and jack points and trunk floor and other small patches along the way, it is starting to take shape. I rebuilt the matching number engine and installed a previously rebuilt trans. The seats were covered in a fabric that was given to me by a friend and while the purists won’t like it, I do!
I have many photos of the work done along the way and when I have time I’ll add em here or start “ another build “ thread

Apologies for the cell phone photos but the car is blocked in the shop by another project so I couldn’t get out for a quality photo shoot.
3stewarts
Here are a few more

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Cairo94507
welcome.png Great car. I like the seat fabric too. Keep the pictures coming and enjoy. beerchug.gif
cary
welcome.png

Love the car .... and the Monroney sticker
Tom_T
welcome.png

Nice Lt. Ivory on Black, but your steering wheel & shifter knob crests are only adding to the NARP debate! blink.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
BENBRO02
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 5 2018, 02:35 PM) *

welcome.png Great car. I like the seat fabric too. Keep the pictures coming and enjoy. beerchug.gif

That fabric will be way cooler than black vinyl on a hot day.
r_towle
welcome.png

Nice car!
914_7T3
Can't go wrong with a '74 2.0!

welcome.png
napasteve
QUOTE(914 7T3 @ Aug 5 2018, 01:08 PM) *

Can't go wrong with a '74 2.0!

welcome.png

agree.gif
Especially one with antisway bars option!!!
3stewarts
Click to view attachment

Not quite an original “tartan” interior, but I like it, and isn’t that why we do what we do!

I thought the Wolfsburg crest was appropriate!
914_teener
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 5 2018, 11:48 AM) *

welcome.png

Nice Lt. Ivory on Black, but your steering wheel & shifter knob crests are only adding to the NARP debate! blink.gif biggrin.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Yea....just lose tje Ferrari sticker and all is good.
3stewarts
Click to view attachment

So here’s a shot of what I started with.
Fortunately it’s mostly superficial!

Some of you will notice the bumper guards are long gone! I prefer it that way!
PanelBilly
And a hello from the PNW. Like the seats. Sometimes I wish I had done something like that.
914-300Hemi
nice car
welcome.png
rick 918-S
welcome.png assimilate.gif
milwlandrover
Welcome from Milwaukee WI. Is that a 944S in the background?
Shadowfax
welcome.png
Nice car! Almost looks like a twin of mine.
3stewarts
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Aug 7 2018, 08:39 AM) *

Welcome from Milwaukee WI. Is that a 944S in the background?

That 944 is an old race car that Don Ishtook campaigned in the '80s. a friend bought it many years ago. I have been tasked with bringing it back to life after sitting over 20 years.
His intention was to get it running and sell it. Interested?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.