Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0 powered 1977 911S Targa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
914ltd
SOLD Thanks!

OK, it's not 914 but it does have a GC 914 2.0 and 914 Djet fuel injection!
Porsche 1977 911S Targa with 912E conversion. s/n 9117210761
This is a totally rust and accident free AZ car that was purchased without an engine by the current owner 17 years ago. It has since been disassembled for a respray of the original copper brown metallic color.
All the exterior chrome and rubber has been replaced with original Porsche parts including the windshield. In addition, a nice set of genuine Fuchs 16” wheels have been added.
The list of 912E original parts used is extensive including transaxle, sheet metal, engine mount, heat exchangers, vintage Stebro stainless steel muffler, rear sway bar and torque weight block. The installation looks nice enough to be original.
The 914/2.0 engine has been completely rebuilt including Mahle European piston and cylinder set, new cam and lifters, rebuilt heads, new bearings. Fuel delivery is with the 914 2.0 Djet system.
The brake calipers have been rebuilt. New ball joints and “Turbo” tie rods were installed.
Very clean throughout. No overspray, no dents or rust. Drives great.
An interesting offering of a 912E Targa that was never sold but was pictured on the 912E sales brochure. Lower maintenance and repair costs than the 911 engine plus lighter weight and better handling.
Offered at $24,000
thelogo
What a cool car

But a 912 e conversion , didnt know that even existed.
Should I even ask where the original engine is ,

With that type 4 in there its gonna be a tough sell smoke.gif
hedfurst
Well, definitely unusual. there weren't any 912E Targas sunglasses.gif
914werke
Agree, interesting. Wonder why they went D-Jet vs the OE 912E L-Jet?
I see no more thermal reactors.
Torque weight Block?
Actual 912E's are going currently in this price range ...
thelogo
Not to hijacked the thread but will the car accept any
Porsche motor from the type 4 all the way up to a 3.2?

If so , very versatile wub.gif
914ltd
SOLD Thanks!
This car is a consignment from one of my long time service and parts customer. The fact that they only built 912E coupe's makes this 912E badged Targa more interesting.
The brakes are 911 vented rotor not the 912E solid rotors. Also the 16" Fuchs would make this car more desirable for a person buying this as a driver although probably not as much for a collector. The Mahle Euro pistons, Djet fuel injection and lack of thermo reactors will make this more fun to drive.
This car also has the rare 912E only rain tray mounted to the engine lid. The Targa top is new and original Porsche. Some of the interior vinyl on the top needs finished.
And probably not stressed enough is the overall condition, no rust or repaired rust, even in the battery tray, trim and paint are exceptional and it is priced considerably under what an original 912E would sell for in this condition. Brad
rick 918-S
Wow! Someone is going to get a lot of car.
second wind
Hey Brad.....beautiful car.....what kind of exhaust is that that is so shiny? Thank you,
gg
second wind
Oops.....it is in your description.....where do you buy one of those? Thank you,
gg
914ltd
QUOTE(second wind @ Aug 6 2018, 04:03 PM) *

Oops.....it is in your description.....where do you buy one of those? Thank you,
gg

I've been told by someone who checked with Stebro they are no longer available.
GaroldShaffer
I've seen this car in person. It is everything Brad says it is.
sithot
QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 5 2018, 11:18 PM) *

Anything up to 3.6 and beyond. 3.8 is a pretty common upgrade on the 3.6 but hardly worth the money and effort for the meager ROI.
thelogo
QUOTE(sithot @ Aug 7 2018, 03:31 AM) *

QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 5 2018, 11:18 PM) *

Anything up to 3.6 and beyond. 3.8 is a pretty common upgrade on the 3.6 but hardly worth the money and effort for the meager ROI.

I wouldn't even consider a 911 without a /6:in it but
Depending on what you use it for the type4 could be great .

Not sure how big the tank is but i would think mileage would be great vs a /6

But i have to ask/know is it or isn't it

A narp smoke.gif bye1.gif wub.gif
Mikey914
I do love the 912E. Actually have one. The L jet is actually a better set up for the car, but D jet will work. the thermal reactors are no on my car (in a box). They tend to bake the oil in the case after shutdown. Caused premature deaths of many of the engines. With synthetics now it may be a little different story, but it passes DEQ and I don't plan to change over now.

Nice car Brad!
hedfurst
I would think that perhaps the D could actually outperform the L from the 912E because it seems to have a shorter intake tube to the throttle body? I’m not an engineer but do work with common gas laws and own a 912E with a few performance enhancements. I swear I can feel the dead-space in that induction system!
I’m keeping the stock EFI since I have everything and it works but I am planning on a modern system just for fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.