Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bypass the Trunk lock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
F1rocco
flag.gif No keys with the new car..Is there a way to open the front trunk w/o a key for the security lock...I want to find the hidden treasure.The guy I got it from says he had no idea what was in there..I am missing the passenger bottom part of seat..And a few other interior items...Thanks
jmargush
Should be able to take front bumper off and trip the latch mecahnism throgh a hole in the front sheet metal Haynes manual has a procedure fro this I think.
SirAndy
QUOTE (jmargush @ Jun 14 2005, 03:28 AM)
Should be able to take front bumper off and trip the latch mecahnism throgh a hole in the front sheet metal Haynes manual has a procedure fro this I think.

agree.gif there's a access hole behind the bumper. you'll be able to open the lock from there ...

wink.gif Andy
Joe Bob
70-74 bumpers are held on by two bolts on each side, accessible inside the wheel wells. 13 mm if I recall....best to have someone hold onto the bumper when the last bolt is released....

75-76....never pulled them, but I hear they are similar and will have a lip in the body that the rubber cover snaps/slips into.
Dave_Darling
75-76 bumpers should have one bolt in each "bumper shock" accessible from the bottom. You'll have to peel back the bumper cover to get to it. Pull the bumper off, find the magic release hole, put a screwdriver in there, and move it around until you feel the latch mechanism, and try to move the latch to the side. It should pop the latch just like the regular T-handle does.

The Haynes manual has a picture of where the hole is and which way you push the end of the screwdriver....

--DD
ewdysar
If you can't open the front trunk, how do you put gas in? I'm guessing the PO didn't put many miles on it... confused24.gif

Eric
SirAndy
QUOTE (ewdysar @ Jun 14 2005, 03:19 PM)
If you can't open the front trunk, how do you put gas in? I'm guessing the PO didn't put many miles on it... confused24.gif

i don't think there are any *running* 914s in "Upstate NY"

wink.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Careful....you might just find Jimmy Hoffa in there.
F1rocco
QUOTE ("*" @ Jun 14 2005, 08:21 AM)
70-74 bumpers are held on by two bolts on each side, accessible inside the wheel wells. 13 mm if I recall....best to have someone hold onto the bumper when the last bolt is released....

Damn right ....thanks everyone......I told my buddy to get a 13mm and a long straight screwdriver and had it open in less than 5 minutes.....Thanks......Found alot of the interior parts...No Hoffa though......And Cars up here do still run ......We dont have 280k on a motor are bodies are just shot.....lol thanks again.......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.