Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Remember the wider fiberglass fender flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
koozy
There used to be 2 different width fiberglass fender flare sets. One was a close replica of factory fender flares and the other was a wider set for use with wider wheels/tires. Does anyone know of a place that sells the wider version of these fiberglass flares? I need to go wider than my current flares. I know they have wide flare quarter panels but that isn't what I am looking for. I specifically want the wider GT flares.

You can see in the photo below the standard flares I have. I am going with wider wheels so I need more room.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Click to view attachment
koozy
" I know they have wide flare quarter panels but that isn't what I am looking for. I specifically want the wider GT flares."
sixnotfour
cut ,widen, fiberglass, paint
dr914@autoatlanta.com
air should have them
McMark
I think SirAndy has some in my dad's garage that won't be used. I'll have pops check it out.
SirAndy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 6 2018, 04:09 PM) *

air should have them

agree.gif

https://www.americaninternationalracing.com...rear-flares-11/

Or, alternatively, you can use metal GT flares and widen them to 11" by slicing them and adding in a 2" strip. Many a GT was done that way back in the day.
smash.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Aug 6 2018, 04:13 PM) *

I think SirAndy has some in my dad's garage that won't be used. I'll have pops check it out.

Yeah, or that ...
biggrin.gif
koozy
Thanks. The AIR ones are what I am looking for. Or, Andy's in Mark's dad's garage would work nicely too, if you would be willing to part with them, Andy.

Thank you all for the tips and help. I have a specific need for these wide fiberglass ones since it is a dedicated autocross car. As such, it is subject to change so the correct size fiberglass flares and rivets is the practical solution.

Mark and Andy, please let me know if yours are an option. The season is winding down and I need a new set of tires to finish this season. Getting these flares will determine the tire size I go with for the event in mid-September.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(koozy @ Aug 6 2018, 09:46 PM) *
Mark and Andy, please let me know if yours are an option.

Absolutely, like McMark said, i won't be needing them anymore ...
beerchug.gif
koozy
Cool, thanks Andy.

Mark, let me know if pops finds them. Thanks for your help.

Mike
Jeff Hail
Call Peter at Rennspeed Tel: 626-256-8878 . He has 11 inch glass rear flares.

http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=382&Task=STD
sixnotfour
aktion035.gif totally forgot this place..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.