Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MSDS - Rennsport Reunion VI - Meet & Greet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Maltese Falcon
It's going to be Party Time on the Monterey Peninsula! Rennsport VI is next month. Just got this Corral parking map (tentative...could change) as well. A good day + time for our 914World members to have a cold one at our MSDS kiosk in the merchant row is on Saturday 9/29/18, 5 PM. Join us , meet old friends and meet new 914/ Porsche gearheads ! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Click to view attachment
larryM
not to be a "downer", but that's about same location as at RRV - dusty as hell - overnites result in salt-fog added to the gritty dust, = "mud"

do not even think about using a car duster to try to keep it looking showy nice all day - it will just scratch your paint

if you do put your car in the corral - please post some owner-tech info on it - maybe a show poster, so we know what we are looking at & why it's "special"

i have many pics of 914s at RRV corral & have no idea what was special about them, nor who owns them

i did not find RRv to be a satisfying "show your car" experience; others may disagree

Maltese Falcon
...I'm not affiliated with the corrals, just a mfg exhibiting in a tent for the duration of Renn6. The new sponsorship of (the former Mazda ) LS raceway is WeatherTech, maybe they will step up the quality of the parking lots ¿¿ I dig the corrals, but I know the pain of keeping the 914 clean on a dusty tarmac Click to view attachment
MATTYLITE
Looking forward to this year's meet up!

IPB Image
IPB Image
3stewarts
As this will be my first rennsport and I will be coming from the flyover states, help me out with what to expect, what not to miss, what is must see.

I will not be able to bring either of my cars so I will have plenty of time to wish and want.
Mueller
I've washed my 914 twice in the last 2 years...not afraid of a little dirt : )

Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(3stewarts @ Aug 7 2018, 04:33 PM) *

As this will be my first rennsport and I will be coming from the flyover states, help me out with what to expect, what not to miss, what is must see.

I will not be able to bring either of my cars so I will have plenty of time to wish and want.

At Rennsport just aim + point for the main Porsche mfg exhibit tent. Walk around and take it all in. If you can bring some of your Porsche coffee table books>> bring 'em as there are lots of special drivers, tuners, and celebs around , and get your books / posters signed. Then hit the Hot pits and catch major historic and current day racecars. Hike up to the corkscrew and watch the races. Having fun yet ? Stay hydrated, Lots of sunscreen and don't forget to check out all of us vendors on the Merchant row. Before you leave the Monterey area for home...grab lunch at the In-n-Out in Salinas...just a bit east of the LS raceway. Have fun...Repeat as necessary !
Betty
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 7 2018, 09:29 PM) *

QUOTE(3stewarts @ Aug 7 2018, 04:33 PM) *

At Rennsport just aim + point for the main Porsche mfg exhibit tent. Walk around and take it all in. If you can bring some of your Porsche coffee table books>> bring 'em as there are lots of special drivers, tuners, and celebs around , and get your books / posters signed. Then hit the Hot pits and catch major historic and current day racecars. Hike up to the corkscrew and watch the races. Having fun yet ? Stay hydrated, Lots of sunscreen and don't forget to check out all of us vendors on the Merchant row. Before you leave the Monterey area for home...grab lunch at the In-n-Out in Salinas...just a bit east of the LS raceway. Have fun...Repeat as necessary !

Everything he said! Wear a hat. Keep your head on a swivel; you can be walking along and all of a sudden realize Derek Bell or somebody equally as famous is right next to you. Hike up from the bottom (or down from the top) to the Corkscrew sign to take your picture with it. EVERYbody is friendly and EVERYbody is happy to talk cars with you. You will find something(s) on vendor row that you just have to have.
Lucky9146
Your the man Marty! Thanks for the prelim map and the offer to meet up.

Saturday 5 ish should work. Looking forward to it! Should be fun as this is my second time there but first time with my car.
driving.gif grasshopper914.jpg
horizontally-opposed
Marty, hope to see you there, and 000 will also be exhibiting. Question for you...did they supply the astroturf or was that you? Anyone and everyone is welcome to stop on by the 000 booth as well! beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Aug 7 2018, 09:58 PM) *

Marty, hope to see you there, and 000 will also be exhibiting. Question for you...did they supply the astroturf or was that you? Anyone and everyone is welcome to stop on by the 000 booth as well! beerchug.gif

Pete...I'll check my LS invoice, but I'm sure that with each tent you receive ; 110v a/c power (40 amp), green turf ...I'll DM you in a few thumb3d.gif
Steve
Saturday sounds good.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Lucky9146 @ Aug 7 2018, 09:24 PM) *

Your the man Marty! Thanks for the prelim map and the offer to meet up.

Saturday 5 ish should work. Looking forward to it! Should be fun as this is my second time there but first time with my car.
driving.gif grasshopper914.jpg

Cool Jim, it will be good to catch up with you... See you up North !
Maltese Falcon
Hey everyone...Ive just updated this thread's header for the Rennsport VI Meet & Greet.

Saturday 9/29/18 5:00 pm at our MSDS exhibit (space #8) on the Merchant Row....See you all there !
EdwardBlume
Looking forward to seeing you all again. Need another car to display?
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Aug 19 2018, 08:48 PM) *

Only have a 20 x 20 space...enough for an MSDS 914 and a small display of product; whatcha' bringing Edward?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 19 2018, 09:33 PM) *

Only have a 20 x 20 space...enough for an MSDS 914 and a small display of product; whatcha' bringing Edward?

Either Dad’s car or the ABM..... last time while I was talking to you Magnus walked by and I met Clay and Betty. Hopefully we see lots of 914 folks.
Betty
We'll be there! Had a good time at the last Rennsport and we're looking forward to it again. cheer.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Edward Blume @ Aug 20 2018, 08:26 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 19 2018, 09:33 PM) *

Either Dad’s car or the ABM..... last time while I was talking to you Magnus walked by and I met Clay and Betty. Hopefully we see lots of 914 folks.

Must have been the ice chest full of Colorado Koolaid...I didn't have any type of hipster traps aktion035.gif in the MSDS tent...but glad to have Mr. Walker stop in for a cold one beerchug.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Betty @ Aug 20 2018, 03:03 PM) *

We'll be there! Had a good time at the last Rennsport and we're looking forward to it again. cheer.gif

Should be a good meet up Betty and Clay, during the cool part of the day... perfect for kickin' back a bit !
AZBanks
See you there at 5
michael7810
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Aug 21 2018, 10:23 AM) *

See you there at 5

Ditto
Robnxious
This will be my first Rennsport, so I am looking forward to it. Definitely will be by your booth to say Hi and meet you Marty. I won't be bringing my car, since this was more of a last minute thing (forgot that I was supposed to meet a friend who was going to a Porsche reunion, bought tickets and room for Rennsport, and find out he was talking about Werks!! DOH!).

Anyway, got a quick question. I am staying in town, does anyone know if there are shuttles going from Monterrey to the track, or am I looking at Uber?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting a lot of you there
Dominic
Thanks for sharing the corral parking map...I'm happy to see we are all parked on the pavement again!
We will see you on Saturday!
lalee914
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Aug 27 2018, 10:44 AM) *

This will be my first Rennsport, so I am looking forward to it. Definitely will be by your booth to say Hi and meet you Marty. I won't be bringing my car, since this was more of a last minute thing (forgot that I was supposed to meet a friend who was going to a Porsche reunion, bought tickets and room for Rennsport, and find out he was talking about Werks!! DOH!).

Anyway, got a quick question. I am staying in town, does anyone know if there are shuttles going from Monterrey to the track, or am I looking at Uber?

If you are interested, here are some videos and photos from previous Rennsport Reunions:

http://p914-6info.net/Events.htm

Traffic getting into the track each morning is pretty bad. The CHPS directing traffic did a pretty bad job of this at the last one.

From my point of view, these events are just a 3 day orgasms. Everywhere you look there is something outstanding, amazing, incredible. Not just cars in the event, but the stuff in the paddock and parking lots and the people walking around. At the last one in 2015, I was standing in the Chopard Heritage tent trying to figure out who owned the Porsche Indy car when a guy comes up to me and together we were trying to figure this out. My son walks up and gives me a look like 'Dad, what are you doing'. I turned and looked and the guy I was talking to was Vern Schupan, Former 956 driver and LeMans winner. Of course I got a couple pictures of the 2 of us.

Dominic
For all those who are traveling from afar with your 914 to attend the Rennsport Reunion, please let us "Nor Cal locals" know if you need any parts or tools to repair your cherished ride should the need arise.
I will depart my home on Thursday the 27th of September and will be at the track Friday morning. If you let me know before hand, I will do my best to help!

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif
Dominic
QUOTE(Robnxious @ Aug 27 2018, 07:44 AM) *

I think the bus will get you there on a weekday, but not the weekend from what I can see. I don't know of any other shuttles, unless the hotel you are staying at offers one (track is not far from the airport). Once you get to the paddock, you can catch rides around the track in a new Porsche SUV courtesy of PCNA...no more hiking up to the corkscrew :-)
https://mst.org/maps-schedules/route-list/
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 02:25 PM) *

For all those who are traveling from afar with your 914 to attend the Rennsport Reunion, please let us "Nor Cal locals" know if you need any parts or tools to repair your cherished ride should the need arise.
I will depart my home on Thursday the 27th of September and will be at the track Friday morning. If you let me know before hand, I will do my best to help!

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif

smile.gif thumb3d.gif smile.gif
MATTYLITE
Looking forward to seeing everyone, and so is this guy! sunglasses.gif

IPB Image
troth
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 05:25 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif

Hopefully my car will make it from Florida. The trip is a little under 3k miles one way. I've found I can do about 4k intervals on valve adjustments before they start getting noisy. Oil is usually still pretty clean at this point, but that's when I change it. Maybe we should have a valve adjustment party? I should have all the tools (and beer) except for a pair of jack stands.
jim_hoyland
I Will be visiting too;and Meng Foong is coming to RSR from Singapore. He a 914-6 owner / 914World Porsche guy. I know he will want to meet you
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Dominic @ Aug 28 2018, 02:25 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif

I'm planning to drive down Friday AM from Pleasanton if there's others going as well.
Socalandy
I finally acquired a corral pass but for section 8 and all the 914’s are in 1. sad.gif

Can’t wait!!!
wes
Planning to leave Ukiah Thursday late morning.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 4 2018, 03:03 PM) *

I Will be visiting too;and Meng Foong is coming to RSR from Singapore. He a 914-6 owner / 914World Porsche guy. I know he will want to meet you

Looking forward to seeing you there Jim ( and Meng)... I have read about Meng's RHD six ...sounds very unique ! They say that Singapore is a FINE city; there is a $$$ fine for all sorts of things over there biggrin.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(troth @ Sep 4 2018, 02:04 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif

Hopefully my car will make it from Florida. The trip is a little under 3k miles one way. I've found I can do about 4k intervals on valve adjustments before they start getting noisy. Oil is usually still pretty clean at this point, but that's when I change it. Maybe we should have a valve adjustment party? I should have all the tools (and beer) except for a pair of jack stands.

Extra cold beers for Dominic ..looks like you will be the furthest travelling 914 to Rennsport6 driving.gif
Safe journeys smile.gif
oldschool
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 4 2018, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(troth @ Sep 4 2018, 02:04 PM) *

Cheers,
Dominic

beerchug.gif

Extra cold beers for Dominic ..looks like you will be the furthest travelling 914 to Rennsport6 driving.gif
Safe journeys smile.gif

I may try this out?
RoadGlue
We'll plan on being there and thanks for hosting!
Wyvern
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 4 2018, 08:29 PM) *

I finally acquired a corral pass but for section 8 and all the 914’s are in 1. sad.gif

Can’t wait!!!

Sending you a PM ...
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Sep 5 2018, 01:32 PM) *

We'll plan on being there and thanks for hosting!

Look forward to having some Colorado Cool Aid (COORs !) with all my buds beerchug.gif
jeffdon
I got new heads and new pistons and cylinders coming. Hope to have it together next week.

Down to the wire!
MJHanna
Just got my tickets and corral pass for lot 5 piratenanner.gif
Driving out again in the 914-6 twin plug. I can't wait to feel the Porsche overload again drunk.gif
Larmo63
I will be coming up also, probably driving north with Steve and Keith.

Maybe more guys, we'll see.

Marty, you might need a bigger tent.....?

Just sayin'
Mueller
We'll be there....wife, the twins and myself smile.gif

I have a 4 day pass, is it worth going Thru and Fri?
(Sat and Sunday pass for the wife, the girls are free)

I paid for a Parade lap however I won't have a P=car to drive, no big deal for me but I'd like to find rides for the wife and the twins (slight protest from them not wanting to ride with a stranger! )
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 6 2018, 06:00 PM) *

I will be coming up also, probably driving north with Steve and Keith.

Maybe more guys, we'll see.

Marty, you might need a bigger tent.....?

Just sayin'

No problem Lawrence...we just spill out into the Merchant Row a bit...a slower pedestrian pace in that area at 5pm ...all good !¡
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 6 2018, 07:27 PM) *

I paid for a Parade lap however I won't have a P=car to drive, no big deal for me but I'd like to find rides for the wife and the twins (slight protest from them not wanting to ride with a stranger! )

I camped there last time Thursday through Sunday. Thursday was just exciting from a track view perspective I walked around to set up booths but nothing really happens. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday yes. By Sunday, we had seen everything twice, but the corkscrew at first light with old cars coming out of the fog was really cool.

Bring ear plugs, water, sunscreen and chairs.
VegasRacer
Yippie. piratenanner.gif I got my Admission Ticket and Corral Parking Pass in the mail today. icon22_2.gif
Robnxious
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 6 2018, 07:27 PM) *

The wife and I will be there for Saturday (getting in later on Friday night, and leaving Sunday AM). I would think that Thursday and Friday would be fantastic days to go Mike, since there SHOULD be smaller crowds those days, since a lot of people will probably be like me (weekend attendees)

I won't have mine there either. I think the hot start issue is fixed (testing it today), but figured discretion is the better part of valor and leaving it at home. I'll see you there, I'd say beers on me, but I believe Marty said he had that covered beer3.gif
Steve
icon_bump.gif
Can't wait!!
MATTYLITE
As you can tell by my "5 AM haven't slept since last week got to meet this deadline" face, we're looking forward to meeting with all of you at this year's Rennsport Reunion, and are especially looking forward to the 914 World meet up at our tent on merchant row this Saturday 9/29 at 5:00 pm.

We will have beverages beer.gif and cool tunes playing aktion035.gif

IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.