Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lambda position with a 3.2 engine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Biggles
Hi

I’ve got a 3.2 engine on FI with the lambda sensor on one of the exhaust manifolds.

Before installing the new exhaust system, I’m wondering if others have put the lambda in the collector box ie before the muffler (which I know will give a better O2 reading) and how the wires are routed? Hung directly off the underside of the trunk floor? Would be good to see pictures of installs / advice.

I might leave in same position as it seems to run ok, but exploring options.

Thanks
SirAndy
Not a 3.2L but you get the general idea ...
smile.gif

IPB Image

Mark Henry
Bung is best in the 2 or 10 o' clock position, keep wire away from exhaust. After that route it the best way you can. If you made a /6 hatch you can run it into the cab through there. Grommets through metal, wire ties etc.
db9146
Is anyone running one per bank?
SirAndy
QUOTE(db9146 @ Aug 7 2018, 12:26 PM) *
Is anyone running one per bank?

The '95 993 only used one so that's good enough for me ...
smile.gif
Biggles
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 7 2018, 07:51 PM) *

Bung is best in the 2 or 10 o' clock position, keep wire away from exhaust. After that route it the best way you can. If you made a /6 hatch you can run it into the cab through there. Grommets through metal, wire ties etc.

whats so good about the 2 or 10 o'clock position? Mines currently 12 position
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Biggles @ Aug 7 2018, 05:27 PM) *

Vertical and other positions the sensor can trap condensation, the sensor can be damaged from thermal shock.
The 2 and 10 o'clock (60 degrees from 12 o'clock) is the best angle for moisture to drain from the sensor.

Look at the holes in the tip of the sensor you want the best mounted position for complete draining.
Biggles
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Aug 7 2018, 11:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Biggles @ Aug 7 2018, 05:27 PM) *

Vertical and other positions the sensor can trap condensation, the sensor can be damaged from thermal shock.
The 2 and 10 o'clock (60 degrees from 12 o'clock) is the best angle for moisture to drain from the sensor.

Look at the holes in the tip of the sensor you want the best mounted position for complete draining.

Ok cheers. Got it welded in today in 60 deg position
worn
Mine is just like Sir Andy’s, except tilted to one side a bit to yield the above mentioned lean.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.