Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
Have owned this car for, well, forever it seems. Last de-rusted and painted in 1992.

Here we go again. Happy to see solid metal just about everywhere.
ValcoOscar
Nice Dave-

This go around should be a breeze then, sort of.
Interesting, I have never painted the same car twice.
Must be a special car for you!!! drunk.gif

Keep posting pictures.

popcorn[1].gif

Oscar
ottox914
Progress. Sadly but not unexpectedly the farther we go the more “R” word we find. On what I thought was a pretty solid car, one I have owned for 25+ yrs and kept out of water as much as possible. Better to catch as much as we can find now...
rick 918-S
beerchug.gif
Cairo94507
Very cool and nice to see on-going maintenance appears to have paid off as it does not look like much rust. beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Dave those bondo areas look like minor cone strikes! They should clean right up! av-943.gif
ottox914
Closer. Most of the clean up and prep done. Should get to the finish line faster now. Paint is on the way!
ottox914
It’s SO yellow.

914 RZ-1
I'm curious. What does your paint gun and compressor setup look like? I'd like all the details if you care to share them: paint gun type tip size, brand of paint, brand of compressor,and all the specs. what pressure are you spraying at what's the temperature and humidity if you know it. I'm painting my car and I'm having some issues. I just want to see what you're doing.
porschetub
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Aug 26 2018, 01:06 PM) *

I'm curious. What does your paint gun and compressor setup look like? I'd like all the details if you care to share them: paint gun type tip size, brand of paint, brand of compressor,and all the specs. what pressure are you spraying at what's the temperature and humidity if you know it. I'm painting my car and I'm having some issues. I just want to see what you're doing.

Go on youtube heeps of help on there,cheers.
ottox914
QUOTE(914 RZ-1 @ Aug 25 2018, 07:06 PM) *

Would love to help but having a pro do this. I’ll build a motor all day long but the paint/bodywork thing is not for me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.