Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any recommendatiion on a muffler for a1971 1.7L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
milwlandrover
I need one soon. any recommendations?
milwlandrover
it is leaking everywhere from the heat exchangers back. should I go with aftermarket (Bursch) or stay with a Porsche system
914Sixer
Stock
mb911
I am currently developing a stock style stainless on..

Also I will return your pm shortly.
injunmort
dansk muffler on ebay for $275.00. for stock application.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I agree the Dansk is the way to go, plenty in stock

QUOTE(injunmort @ Aug 11 2018, 05:54 AM) *

dansk muffler on ebay for $275.00. for stock application.
milwlandrover
When will something be ready for the exhaust. Will it be cost effective? This is just a driver, but I would still like to do it right.

cheers!
milwlandrover
When you say plenty in stock do you mean at Auto Atlanta or on ebay. I would like to give a 914 guy the business if the pricing is good. That shows that I appreciate all the help and guidance. If MB911 has a decent exhaust he is local and that is even better.
milwlandrover
would you recommend the exhaust be install BEFORE I have the Longitudnals replaced or should I do the Longs first?
mepstein
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Aug 13 2018, 10:53 AM) *

would you recommend the exhaust be install BEFORE I have the Longitudnals replaced or should I do the Longs first?

Get the body in shape first, then start adding parts.
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Aug 13 2018, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Aug 13 2018, 10:53 AM) *

Get the body in shape first, then start adding parts.

agree.gif

My mufflers will be super high quality hand TIG welded stainless steel. Retail will exceed 650 so that may help your selection of mufflers.
milwlandrover
I'm interested. I want to check my "longs" and then the muffler. Been distracted with some family issues, but if you can get me some details I can be your first customer.
milwlandrover
I am ready to move on this. I called Tangerine and they quoted $2000 for their Evo set up but I will lose the heat exchangers which mean no heat. I live in Wisconsin so that could be an issue. it will sound good and add 10 horsepower but ….

MB911 is your exhaust ready? is it something I should consider?

any other suggestions?
rhodyguy
Save your money for replacement metal. What kind of shape are your HEs in? If they're rotted you might wind up changing them too. Then having an expensive new muffler that might not fit is wasted money.
HansJan
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Aug 13 2018, 07:56 AM) *

When you say plenty in stock do you mean at Auto Atlanta or on ebay. I would like to give a 914 guy the business if the pricing is good. That shows that I appreciate all the help and guidance. If MB911 has a decent exhaust he is local and that is even better.

But wait.... Auto Atlanta is a 914guy.
MikeInMunich
I love the sound of my Bursch. biggrin.gif
mb911
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Sep 10 2018, 09:57 AM) *

I am ready to move on this. I called Tangerine and they quoted $2000 for their Evo set up but I will lose the heat exchangers which mean no heat. I live in Wisconsin so that could be an issue. it will sound good and add 10 horsepower but ….

MB911 is your exhaust ready? is it something I should consider?

any other suggestions?

Sorry my projects take a while to develop.. I typically do a group buy. Below is my last run of mufflersClick to view attachment
ChrisFoley
If your 1.7L HEs are usable, I do make an EVO IV muffler for them. I have one on order, to be built for another customer soon. Something to consider if heat is a major factor and you aren't prepared to spend the additional $$ for an Improved EVO exhaust system with heat.
If I'm not mistaken, Ben's upcoming run of stock replacement SS mufflers will be for the 2.0L HEs.
milwlandrover
So what are you saying? Do you have on muffler now or is it a month out? Just trying to gauge where I should be..... thanks
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Sep 11 2018, 08:43 AM) *

So what are you saying? Do you have on muffler now or is it a month out? Just trying to gauge where I should be..... thanks

I don't keep them in stock. I will be building one for an existing customer as soon as I fill a couple other exhaust system orders. A second one on order could be built at the same time.
Either way you won't see it before the weather turns cold.
Based on my typical work load if I say a month it will be two. blink.gif
mb911
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Sep 11 2018, 04:59 AM) *

QUOTE(milwlandrover @ Sep 11 2018, 08:43 AM) *

I don't keep them in stock. I will be building one for an existing customer as soon as I fill a couple other exhaust system orders. A second one on order could be built at the same time.
Either way you won't see it before the weather turns cold.
Based on my typical work load if I say a month it will be two. blink.gif

agree.gif

Exactly how it works for me. To much time and money to have wrapped up in a product sitting on the shelf..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.