Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: long overdue thank you & endorsement for McMark & Garold Shaffer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Vapor_locked
As the thread title states, I'd like to take a moment to say a long overdue thank you, and give a ringing endorsement to 2 of the people that make the 914 community, in general, great! Our very own - Mark De Bernardi, otherwise known as the venerable - McMark, owner of Original Customs in Grand Rapids Michigan (for any newbies), and Garold Shaffer, 914 hoarder/dismantler/parts maven extraordinaire/etc./etc. of 914ecology in Portage Indiana - both are just all around great people!

A few months back, I required and requested help from Mark & Garold on the transfer of a vehicle, as well as a few parts that went along with it. Original Customs ended up being the meet-up & tansfer location.

As those hectic moments trying to arrange & co-ordinate things while working too many hours, on too little sleep go - plans morph & change on the fly, (originally Mark was supposed to do a PPI for me, but thats another story lol-2.gif )
It was like a high speed train wreck in super slow motion blink.gif

let's just say, things could've gone smoother had my communication been a little better. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, in the end things worked out well, I saw Marks shop & projects, we all hung out for a bit & had a good time - other people showed up & new friends were even made, Hi CarmaroMike!

I can't thank Mark & Garold enough, 2 stand up guys in our community - they are what make it a great one!

I will definitely be utilizing them both for my own future projects, and will support them both in any way I can.
I urge anyone reading this who may need the services of one of these fine gentlemen to have no fear or worries, they are rock solid - Thank you so much guys!!!
914Sixer
Long standing members and good all around guys smilie_pokal.gif
GaroldShaffer
Aww shucks, glad to help. Besides we did find some good beer up there. beer3.gif
Vapor_locked
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 11 2018, 10:03 PM) *

Aww shucks, glad to help. Besides we did find some good beer up there. beer3.gif

Heck yeah we did, beer3.gif We need to make a lunch beer drive again some day here soon! beerchug.gif
McMark
grouphug.gif

Happy to help and definitely happy to hang and talk 914s anytime.
Camaro Mike
Agreed, these two are great and both have been a huge help with my 914 habit.

Anytime you want to gather over a cold one and talk 914s, count me in.
morsmanlaw
Garold is becoming my go-to guy for used parts in good condition and at very reasonable prices. He responds quickly to inquiries and gets the parts out the same way. Thanks, Garold!
brynkahrl
Thanks, Guys! I was looking for some 914 help in the midwest! This is great!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.