Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WRX Conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
willieg
Members:
I am a newbie to this site and have not been able to find the info I am looking for. I live in Northern California and was wondering if anyone knew of a shop/garage in Northern California that has done WRX/914 conversions. I am looking for a shop/garage that prides itself on doing sanitary conversions.

Thanks
Bill
Andyrew
None that I know of. Your best bet is to find someone who is familiar with conversions or has done a few and work with them.

The other option you have is Renegade Hybrids in Vegas. Prepare to bring your wallet.
mepstein
welcome.png
76-914
Contact DBCopper on this forum. he had his done somewhere in NorCal. beerchug.gif
Andyrew
QUOTE(76-914 @ Aug 14 2018, 11:15 AM) *

Contact DBCopper on this forum. he had his done somewhere in NorCal. beerchug.gif

DBCooper passed away about 8 months back sad.gif
sb914
I did not know that .That's extremely sad news.
914forme
welcome.png

And WTF.gif Oh man that is sad news sad.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 14 2018, 02:36 PM) *

I did not know that .That's extremely sad news.

Yes, painful. sad.gif
Robnxious
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 14 2018, 11:18 AM) *

That is extremely sad news to hear. I bought the transmission out of his 914 for a great price, and since he had to come up here for something, he even delivered it. Saved me a ton, and had a nice chat w/ him when he got to my place.
Mueller
The builder of DBCoopers 914 is a guy named Jeff out in Modesto, I sent him a PM for his phone number thru a Volvo forum that we are on.

Sad to hear about DBCooper.
BIGKAT_83
Try this guy..Brody phone # is in the post
Brody

driving.gif
mgp4591
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 14 2018, 12:18 PM) *

I hadn't heard about him either... sad.gif ... was there ever a post about him?
matthepcat
That is horrible news. I would email back and forth with Paul over the years catching up on the various projects he was doing with his son. I think the most recent was an LS swap volvo.

Almost got the blue car that was build with his son.

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 14 2018, 11:18 AM) *

Andyrew
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 14 2018, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 14 2018, 12:18 PM) *

I hadn't heard about him either... sad.gif ... was there ever a post about him?

No,

I ran into his son at a local event a month or so back and he had the 914 and a classic Merc from his dad's collection. I asked him about his father and he said he had passed away.
76-914
Awe man, this is the first I've heard of his passing. Paul was a good guy. I knew wasn't feeling well but he never made a big deal of it. I can't believe that wasn't posted here. Godspeed Paul. sad.gif
JRust
QUOTE(BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 14 2018, 03:05 PM) *

Try this guy..Brody phone # is in the post
Brody

driving.gif

I'd second Brody. Talked with him at length a few years ago. Saw some pics of his work then too. I've never been to his shop or met him in person though. Just judging by how knowledgable he was on the phone plus some pics he sent me.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 14 2018, 01:18 PM) *

WTF???? Very sad news. I was just about to PM him and ask if everything was OK since he had been MIA on the forum. That sucks.
worn
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 14 2018, 02:21 PM) *

welcome.png

And WTF.gif Oh man that is sad news sad.gif

I agree with both sentiments. We don’t usually welcome folks in such a somber way.
Chris H.
It was just a shock to hear about Paul. Such a good person.

I think this is Brody's YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G1a7fd3Ph0

And to tie it all together, here is Paul (DBCooper)'s WRX powered 914 in a couple of drag races:

vs Mustang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JxpYwqUMs

vs GTO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHb2uWrCnYE

rhodyguy
Wow. That passing came out of the blue. He and I swapped quite a few PMS about 'Bob Dobbs'.

Good luck on your conversion.
jd74914
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Aug 15 2018, 08:29 AM) *

It was just a shock to hear about Paul. Such a good person.

I agree. We never met, but I used to really enjoy his posts and perspective. Judging by his cute grandchildren pictures he was way too young. sad.gif
mb911
Oh that is very sad to hear.
Cracker
Welcome to the World Bill...in 8-years here I cannot think of another greeting quite
like this one! What part of NorCal are you in - affected by the fires?

Regarding Paul - obviously, it is very sad and I too was kind of wondering why I hadn't seen posts from him in awhile. RIP DBC!

Cracker
ahycaramba
Hello Bill and welcome to "the world".
I know Brody, He has my car. I bought his 2.0 turbo motor and trans setup he had in his car before he put his 2.5 turbo motor. I couldn't find anybody local in Riverside county that would weld steel fender so I went back to Brody to have a third party do the work. That another story in its self. Anyhow He's a good guy and very knowledgeable about Subarus and he should. He's has a shop "F&B Auto" in Fresno specializing in Subaru. He has built many 914s and some 911 with Subaru swaps.
I can wait to drive my car again
Good luck
Al
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.