Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 33 or 35 DRLA Pump Jet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
yeahmag
Anybody sitting on a set of 4 DRLA pump jets in a 33 or 35 size? Thought I'd ask before buying new.

Need to try some smaller ones than what I'm running. Happy to buy or trade for other DRLA parts. I have tons!

-Aaron
GregAmy
Which ones do you have to trade? I have 35s, I'm currently at 55 actually looking for something larger.

Trying to overcome a bog/flutter on throttle tip-in, to make that transition smoother. 140 mains gets me spot-on for AFR at WOT (mid 12s) but as a test I tried 170 mains; AFR went too rich (of course, low 10s) but the tip-in bog/flutter went away. So I'm thinking I'd try larger accel pump jets.

What's your situation? I'm glad to trade but I'm a bit hesitant to give up what I have until I verify the resolution.
GregAmy
BY the way, if anyone is sitting on a large collection of jets/tubes for the DRLAs, I'm looking. I'm hoping to find an estate sale or something like that where some guy collected the set and the family just wants to make it go away...a guy can dream...
yeahmag
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Aug 15 2018, 05:51 AM) *

Which ones do you have to trade? I have 35s, I'm currently at 55 actually looking for something larger.

Trying to overcome a bog/flutter on throttle tip-in, to make that transition smoother. 140 mains gets me spot-on for AFR at WOT (mid 12s) but as a test I tried 170 mains; AFR went too rich (of course, low 10s) but the tip-in bog/flutter went away. So I'm thinking I'd try larger accel pump jets.

What's your situation? I'm glad to trade but I'm a bit hesitant to give up what I have until I verify the resolution.

I have modified 35s in there now. I was going down the road of larger and larger pump jets until I switched from setting the float height with the top "upside down" to having the top "hang vertical" and the float just barely resting on the spring for the inlet valve.

I'm pretty sure I have a new set of .60 pump jets if you want to try them. We could just mail each other the jets for each other to try. I also have a large selection of jets you can try, but most are reamed and not purchased. I ream and measure...

What are the specs on the carbs and motor?

Here is my current setup:

40 Dellorto
36 venturi
152 main
200 air
60 idle
35 pump (modified)
5-12 floats, vertical
250 inlet valve

-Aaron
GregAmy
Yeah, we can mail them across. I'm grabbing the car with support equipment (incl jets case) this weekend from my buddy in NJ (we were racing there a couple weekends ago).

I'm running:
34 venturi
70 idle (too fat)
140 main
55 accel
180 air correction
#2 emulsion tubes
Don't know floats and inlet, probably whatever is the default.

Need to get the engine specs from Chris Foley but it's a light engine build, overbore, warm cams, etc.

I'll send you a PM with my info.

Greg

Edit: attaching a screen shot of AFR data before and after main jet change; you can see how the AFRs pop lean when I tip in, that's why I'm thinking bigger accel jet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.