Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 901 transmission F/S
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
forrestkhaag
I have for sale the side shift transmission coming out of my daily driver 914-6 3.0.

I bought this tranny in AZ two+ years ago and have recently changed the oil therein to inspect the mag drain plug for chips, flecks, dust, sawdust, flotsam and jetsam / and there is none.

This box is clean on the inside and outside and is fully operational, all gears shifting smoothly, no grinding into first or any other gear (if your linkage is decent and sorted....). Keith and I are removing the tranny tomorrow. I will take a video of its sound thru the gears on the way to the shop tomorrow.

However, I don't know how to time and date stamp the recording but one of you meta data nerds will know how to use Facebook and google to decipher the road the recording was taken on and the exact time on the planet earth that the data was recorded (in real time) and from what device. Like the 901 gearbox, I am old school. If it works, it works. This particular gearbox has joined many a drive up the coast and down then over to Az about ten times..... It has served me well and I hope it does the same for the eventual buyer.

I prefer local pickup in Newport Beach, CA but will ship for actual cost + 50.00USD crate/other-box/ Walmart charge.

I will deliver, if the drive to your place is interesting. I will only charge a nominal California Fuel Compensation Fee (CFCF) of 22.00USD + the pesky standard California Transportation-Of-Gearbox-With-Oil-In-It (CTOGWOII) fee of 25.50 to deliver. Further, a small fee will may be added for disposal of two pairs of rubber gloves and four wipes for my hands / ..............................Your best bet is to come pick it up.........

Sidebar: My trusted daily use 901 is for sale as I recently attended the Dr. Evil clinic in SoCal and brought in my spare to have it gone thru to insure good syncros and more importantly, installation of a "flipped 5th H gear" to drop RPM's in 5th at 85 or so on the freeway - the 3.0 can handle it. That unit will be installed in the 6 tomorrow leaving me my current daily driver-box to sell in this offering. Thanks for looking beerchug.gif
euro911
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 14 2018, 06:59 PM) *
I have for sale the side shift transmission coming out of my daily driver 914-6 3.0.

I bought this tranny in AZ two+ years ago and have recently changed the oil therein to inspect the mag drain plug for chips, flecks, dust, sawdust, flotsam and jetsam / and there is none.

This box is clean on the inside and outside and is fully operational, all gears shifting smoothly, no grinding into first or any other gear (if your linkage is decent and sorted....). Keith and I are removing the tranny tomorrow. I will take a video of its sound thru the gears on the way to the shop tomorrow.

However, I don't know how to time and date stamp the recording but one of you meta data nerds will know how to use Facebook and google to decipher the road the recording was taken on and the exact time on the planet earth that the data was recorded (in real time) and from what device. Like the 901 gearbox, I am old school. If it works, it works. This particular gearbox has joined many a drive up the coast and down then over to Az about ten times..... It has served me well and I hope it does the same for the eventual buyer.

I prefer local pickup in Newport Beach, CA but will ship for actual cost + 50.00USD crate/other-box/ Walmart charge.

I will deliver, if the drive to your place is interesting. I will only charge a nominal California Fuel Compensation Fee (CFCF) of 22.00USD + the pesky standard California Transportation-Of-Gearbox-With-Oil-In-It (CTOGWOII) fee of 25.50 to deliver. Further, a small fee will may be added for disposal of two pairs of rubber gloves and four wipes for my hands / ..............................Your best bet is to come pick it up.........

Sidebar: My trusted daily use 901 is for sale as I recently attended the Dr. Evil clinic in SoCal and brought in my spare to have it gone thru to insure good syncros and more importantly, installation of a "flipped 5th H gear" to drop RPM's in 5th at 85 or so on the freeway - the 3.0 can handle it. That unit will be installed in the 6 tomorrow leaving me my current daily driver-box to sell in this offering. Thanks for looking beerchug.gif
PRICE ??? unsure.gif
Larmo63
I think all he is asking is to pay his silly made up fees, and it's yours.
koozy
If that is the case I will take it for the price of shipping and the $50 crate fee, please. I have a buddy that is short on funds and can really use it.

Mike
Mikey914
Heck of a deal.
Rand
If everything else falls through, I'm in.

If you want to road trip to Oregon, I'll offer extra cash plus treat to all the best food/drinks in town.

I've had a few 914s and every single one has had bagged out synchros that make getting into first a pain (not clutch adjustment related). I'm ready to get mine shifting better.

forrestkhaag
500 USD + shipping /

Blue 6 is first if interested / BuddyV , then euro911 / then Rand. The rest are like Larmo..................looking for a deal without the handling fees............

But due to my purposeful oversight, none of ya'll knew the asking price so I understand if some of you folks want to bail knowing the price for an operational tested and driven for thousands of miles tranny.

Get your linkage in full working order and have a ball.

beerchug.gif
thelogo
It should be mentioned that seller ( crazy man ) refuses to accept cash

euro911
Actually, whilst looking for some cans of paint in the back of the garage (so we can finish the CA house remodel), I ran across a T H O M A S-built side-shift trans I had forgotten all about.

Now I remember buying it from Garrett Lee a few years ago idea.gif
forrestkhaag
Let it go logo,... let it go

colingreene
QUOTE(thelogo @ Aug 15 2018, 05:54 PM) *

It should be mentioned that seller ( crazy man ) refuses to accept cash

Heck off weirdo.
73-914
Is the water bad in Laguna Beach?
flmont
Are all 5th gears titled as H gears or are they very specific to the model and year of transmission. Thanks..
euro911
901/911/912/914 901 transaxle gearing specifications:

https://californiamotorsports.net/pages/por...e-specification
flmont
Thanks Euro911,....looks like they are hard to come by from that chart,.. confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(flmont @ Aug 17 2018, 01:20 AM) *

Thanks Euro911,....looks like they are hard to come by from that chart,.. confused24.gif

Usually seem to sell for $300-350
Popular with the V8 guys.

Dr Evil
I have H and other gear sets for sale. Not hard to come by.
forrestkhaag
Yes. The good Dr sold me the gear and installed it in my clinic built box a few months ago. The gear was350. His advice, priceless.
forrestkhaag
So the daily driver box is out and the newly rebuilt one is in thanks to 914Toy and two days of sorting out 914-6 accel. linkage......... The new 5th gear is interesting in that it is now an overdrive only gear. At 3K on the freeway the car is doing 75 and at 3100, it is doing 80. The 3 liter is ok with this gearing from mid 2K's but anything smaller in displacement, I would say would be struggling a bit to use the taller 5th. In my case, this is what I wanted for that long haul to Arizona on the 10 freeway at 2am.......

Therefore the daily driver box is still at 500 USD + shipping / It includes two very nice output flanges with all threads in great condition. it includes a clutch pulley bracket that is not worn anywyere. It includes the backup light switch which worked perfecty on my car yesterday.

Blue 6 is first in line to purchase if still interested / BuddyV is next , then Rand. Others, please chime in and are welcome as well if interested.

Background: The transmission was bought sight unseen in Phoenix about three years ago to replace my tail shifter. It was installed by me for a trial that lasted until this morning when the flipped H Dr. E. box replaced it. It shifts to all gears. I have never looked inside of it but when my linkage was properly bushed and adjusted it was a serviceable unit for many mile with both the 2.3 four and my 3.0 six.

Blue6
Thank you Forrest, but I have t pass on this...
forrestkhaag
aok / thanl
ks for the update

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.