914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ric birks
Looking for a nice stock Oe 2.0 Muffler. Thanks for your help. Ric. driving.gif
JeffBowlsby
Not mine.

https://providence.craigslist.org/pts/d/por...6671820599.html

Tom_T
Also Ric, in addition to used ones -

I don't know what your budget is, but Dansk/JP makes the current OEM 2.0 muffler, & is available at most any P-dealer or P-parts house, but shop for price & sales. Last I saw they were about $700-800 new, & less 10-25% on sale.

Sunset Porsche in OR & Suncoast Porsche in FL usually have the best dealer price, & Sierra Madre, AA, Stoddards, etc. often run sales.

PS - Unless you can have someone check it out in person for you far away, or you personally on local to you - a used one could just be a bunch of rusty crap inside - even if it looks solid outside. So that used one for $390 could easily be a worthless POS (I don't know it), whereas the new one will probably last you the lifetime in which you own the 914.

PSS - An NOS one will be about the same as new, or a bit more if a Leistritz Sport Muffler - they & Bischoff made the original OEM ones for Porsche-VW in both stock & sport variety (Bischoff may not have made sport type).

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ric birks
Thanks for the replies. Sunset Porsche is having a Porsche swap meet at there place on the 8th of September. With 15% off new parts. I may have to get them to order me a new muffler and pick it up the day of there sale! Thanks again for the lead. Ric, in Utah.
TravisNeff
I have a good/great condition Liestritz hotdog muffler.
ric birks
Travis, I sent you a pm. Ric.
TravisNeff
Rick, Your email address keeps bouncing.

I cleaned up the muffler and did a quick rattle can of high temp primer. You can see on the date code this was made in 12/1985

ric birks
Looks great, PM me with details. Ric.
ric birks
Found your pm. Thanks, ric.
ric birks
BTT
ric birks
Still looking for a 2.0 muffler and now for a 1.7 or a 1.8 as well! Thanks for your help.
STL914
Ric, sent a PM
IronHillRestorations
I have an NOS Dansk 2.0 muffler, but I'm sure shipping would cost so much you'd be better to get from one of our fine vendors on a free shipping special.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.