Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Machine shop referral
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bob Wolcott
Anyone know of a shop that does good Porsche valve/ head work in the Portland, OR area?

Thanks,
Bob
morph
Call James, he's my husband, he knows a few shops in the area that does quality work. His cell number is (503)551-6191. We live in Amity. There is a Machine shop in Salem that all our work goes to and they know what they are doing. There is also Silverton Aircooled, they also know what they are doing.

Hiedi
Brett W
You might check with Jerry at Northwestern Connecting Rod. I here he does good work, but I don't have any contact info.
J P Stein
Dan Hall's on NW Interstate Ave in Portland did my case/crank work.
Gud work, gud price. I sent my heads to EBS.
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Jun 14 2005, 07:43 PM)
Dan Hall's on NW Interstate Ave in Portland did my case/crank work.
Gud work, gud price. I sent my heads to EBS.

agree.gif
Dan Hall does all our hi-po and stock VW engines.
ArtechnikA
well, there's the T-IV guys, and there's the 911 guys, and there are way too many members here for everyone to remember who has which kind of car... i do remember you have a /6 and are looking for 911 headwork.

if you need someone local, RennSport Systems definitely has the reputation. EBS (Reno) has connections and when i lived in Tahoe and was plugged into the performance scene, EBS sent heads to C&C Fuel Injection for machining. there are others who are dependable, but farther.

just a suggestion - when you're looking for recommendations on engine services, it helps people give you the right answer if you mention what kind of engine you have.
Porsche Rescue
I used Dan Hall on a 912 case/crank/rods 30 years ago. They've been doing air cooled for a long time!

Another suggestion, call local Porsche shops like Stuttgart Autotech, Marque Motors, Motorsports International and ask them who does their cylinder head machine work. I think all of them send it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.