Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 96mm Hastings Top Ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Highland
So I over filed one top or #1 ring. Not bad for me, but nevertheless I'm missing a ring.

This is for a 96mm bore with KB pistons with Hastings piston rings.

I was about to order a new set then thought I'd post to see if anybody here has an odd number set.

Let me know how much for a ring or your whole partial set shipped CONUS.
euro911
You might try checking with George at European Motor Works ... (310) 644-8038
Al Meredith
I have 2 sets of 96MM Rings for AA pistons (the rings are USA) they are 1.5 MM and I believe you need 2MM for the KB Al,
alan9144
QUOTE(Highland @ Aug 17 2018, 01:53 PM) *

So I over filed one top or #1 ring. Not bad for me, but nevertheless I'm missing a ring.

This is for a 96mm bore with KB pistons with Hastings piston rings.

I was about to order a new set then thought I'd post to see if anybody here has an odd number set.

Let me know how much for a ring or your whole partial set shipped CONUS.

I just returned a set of 96mm rings to Pierside Parts, they were 2x2x5, I needed the 1/16x1/16 ones. I also just need one, if yours ar the thinner ones, you are more than welcome to one of mine
Cheers
euro911
How much did you 'over-file' it? KB top rings need a little extra gap clearance

Read this: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1006056
Highland
The side of my box says 2.0 2.0 4.75. I guess it doesn't hurt to have a few extra spares.

My over filing resulted in a 1 mm gap. I have no idea how I got it so big. The others did not file so easy. I was targeting .65 mm or 0.026" per the KB reference material. My biggest gap out of the box was .45 mm (0.017").
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.