Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shane & George - are you doing ChumpCar Sebring?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
carr914
You guys running again?
Jetsetsurfshop
Renting a seat this time around. How about you?
driving.gif
carr914
Deciding between two teams - my old BMW "Kids Racing for Life" Team and KSR Racing

BMW - good group of guys but can't get through a race without changing major parts

Click to view attachment

or KSR, past Winner

Click to view attachment

KSR costs more confused24.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
George and I hooked up with Elon.
My Porsche won't be ready on time for September, maybe December though.
confused24.gif driving.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
@ThePaintedMan
driving.gif
trying out this new tag thing.
carr914
I signed up with KSR (For the Win!) first.gif

Click to view attachment

ThePaintedMan
Their cars are usually prepped well. Even if Kevin is a total tool. Should be fun!
carr914
See you guys tomorrow. What Pit are you in? We are in 45, 46
Jetsetsurfshop
Looks like from the pit assignments that were on opposite ends. confused24.gif
Were number 14.
Two other members are racing that I know of.
Seabird (Miguel) is with the Mad Motorsports crew. Pit #23
ablesnead (Lorin) is with Team Casual, I think. They usually run a Miata, but the list shows a RX-7? He's in Pit#44
STAY HYDRATED!
beerchug.gif
driving.gif
smilie_pokal.gif
tooms350
I'll be there, SLS racing #575. Not sure of pit number but I'll have plenty of time to visit!
tooms350
Click to view attachment
carr914
914 Dinner Fri Night?
tooms350
Sure thing, I'll be in town.
ThePaintedMan
Cool, Joe! I didn't know you were going. Looking forward to seeing TC and Miguel as well. Shane and I are excited to drive a car we don't have to work on.

Last time I drove a beemer it was fun. Randy Pobst drove the car last year and was consistently in the 2:40 range, with a couple laps in the 2:39. Wonder how close any of us will get.
ThePaintedMan
Dinner sounds great! piratenanner.gif
tooms350
Hey George, it was kinda last minute. SLS needed a third driver and the price is right so I'm in! Anyone been to the cattleman club lately?
Jetsetsurfshop
I'm in for dinner too. chowtime.gif
ThePaintedMan
Though Elon does throw down quite the feast on Friday night...
Jetsetsurfshop
I wonder if he does a drivers meeting then??
ThePaintedMan
What a bummer of a weekend. Our car only did 2 laps and finished in dead last after a radiator hose popped off, toasting the head. However, it was fun watching TC and Joe, both of whose cars did really well. As they say, 'That's racin.'
carr914
My car finished 2nd in Class. Our other car Won Overall

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
Bummer weekend for George and I. headbang.gif
tooms350
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 24 2018, 10:11 AM) *

Click to view attachment

What kind of lap times was that Z running? I know it has to be faster than when I saw it on track.
tooms350
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Sep 24 2018, 02:38 PM) *

Bummer weekend for George and I. headbang.gif

What a bad break for you guys, I say we get a team together. I know where there's a caged fiero looking for an engine...
carr914
QUOTE(tooms350 @ Sep 24 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

What kind of lap times was that Z running? I know it has to be faster than when I saw it on track.

I think my fastest lap was 2:38
tooms350
That's what I thought, someone must have been having a bad couple laps when I saw it out there. I was running 2.48, 2.50s in a miata 1
carr914
QUOTE(tooms350 @ Sep 24 2018, 06:03 PM) *

Click to view attachment

The other thing was we were having Tire problems on the car so I know the guy before me was having issues. When I got in they put new tire in front, which upset the balance making the rear very loose. One Lap I would be very good, the next with a couple of marbles or a drop of fluid off a car in front and the car would be all over the place.

We were told that the Tranny was the weak link, so in my case I was short shifting a bunch to make sure the car made it thru my stint. The guy after me had the same tire issues and he complained that the brakes were soft.
carr914
this what you get with an Open Top Car during LoveBug season

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.