Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffpunkt Swap Meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PCA7GGR

The first Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffpunkt swap meet is being held at Concord High School (Concord, CA - SF Bay Area) on Sunday, September 2nd.

I'll be there with some 914 parts. I can also bring one of my 914-6GT lids for you and save on packing (me) and shipping (you). Hope to see you guys out there. Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/events/29767088432...%22ref_newsfeed _story_type%22%3A%22regular%22%2C%22action_history %22%3A%22null%22%7D&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCya0swqexvNCvxtih592oGIVoa0I96 PWW9hZvkR6GGexpshoI0VVip2sdlZWjhiut3eLpedsLRZ4GXfq iDub8n7iaiBEZ1K5dlyszWXAaxyJL8UZrKiNHdDZE1HD9bwlbF Qzs5gIcP&__tn__=HH-R
Martin Baker
I will attend, see you there Sergio!
Sea Dragon 914
I'm planning on going as well
PCA7GGR
Just a week away. Hope we have a good turnout so it becomes an annual event.
Sea Dragon 914
I have a set of rear KYB shocks w/ springs and mounts that I can bring if somebody wants them. Let me know.
Dominic
I should be there as well, not setting up to sell but I can bring anything down that I have listed in previous FS posts. Just let me know by Saturday.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=307102&hl=
PCA7GGR
Looking forward to catching you with you guys.
PotterPorsche
Thinking about going , have a lot of 914 parts. Trying to determine if I want to load it all up lol!!!
PCA7GGR
With PartsHeaven a thing of the past, this is the only air cooled swap in the area. If it does well its 1st year, we might see become an annual event.
MitchRossi
I'm going...a few 914 parts to sell, but mostly 911 racing parts to clear out of the garage... seats, bumpers, etc.

But, if it's like most swap meets I attend, I'll be bringing more car parts home than I took to sell.

Mitch
Martin Baker
Two pairs of these are already sold but I'll have the other three pairs with me.
Martin Baker
And these little Beauties as well. Just finished making them tonight.
Retroracer
I'll be there in the Big Red One - looking to offload some leftover parts from the 914/6 build. There will be such things as:

- pair of cheap bucket seats
- TESH ceracoated 911 muffler HBR (high bling rated)
- 911 A Arms & 914 steering rack
- side shift linkage & coupler
- steering wheel
- front hood in Adriatic blue
- other odds and ends

See y'all there.

- Tony
PCA7GGR
Interested in steering wheel and shift linkage/coupler
PotterPorsche
I have a whole 5 ft bed filled with 914 parts , including vintage Auto power 914 rollbar for $150. how about 75-76 front and rear bumpers with brackets for $150 Anyone need 914 cv and axles I have $30 an axle. Chrome front and rear bumpers, back pads, targa tops, grills, door handles, 40ida triple Weber’s and manifolds $2200 and whatever I can pull from storage.

Normally I’m at the vw event every year at the track. So hope this is worth the hours loading up, otherwise back to storage lol
PCA7GGR
I'll be looking for the following parts in support of my friends 914-6 restoration:
- combo gauge for 914-6
- complete 914-6 axle with CVs
- Metal 914-6 dash (the support structure
- shift rod complete or parts

Thanks
Retroracer
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Sep 1 2018, 10:55 AM) *

Interested in steering wheel and shift linkage/coupler

Noted.

Also, original 914/6 air filter w/shortened snorkel - rough but restorable condition. FYI.

- Tony
Coondog
In San Fran. so I will make this event. Spent the morning with Rich over at High Performance House. His place is standing room only. He has to have the most used 914 parts in the world.

I will be wearing my Patrick Motorsport shirt so give me a shout out. Just don’t yell out Coondog..........as I don’t know the neighborhood... blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Sep 1 2018, 12:22 PM) *

I'll be looking for the following parts in support of my friends 914-6 restoration:
- combo gauge for 914-6
- complete 914-6 axle with CVs
- Metal 914-6 dash (the support structure
- shift rod complete or parts

Thanks

I have a complete side shift rod and center coupler. I also may have a few gauges.
Martin Baker
It was good to see some old friends and make a couple of new ones. Didn't sell much but it was worth the trip from Sacramento. I think this swap meet will grow. Organizers says he has the green light to go for the next few years without issue.

And I brought home more junk than I got there with... but it's good junk!!!
PCA7GGR
More sellers than buyers - poorly advertised.
PotterPorsche
They need to find another date. There is a vw swap same day in Sacramento that has been going on since the 70’s.
Mueller
I showed up around 11:45 to 12PM, about 6 or 7 sellers there putting there stuff away.

I did score a steering column assembly with keys for free from Jon Watts, then I bought a rebuilt pedal assembly from him for $50 after we had lunch at Kaspers hot dogs smile.gif

Bummer about the attendance being so low, hopefully next year it'll be bigger.

Nice to see and talk to Martin Baker as well.
Retroracer
I managed to sell a few items, but agree that there were probably more sellers than buyers! On the plus side, most sellers had something interesting / novel and there was a high Porsche content. Met a couple of people from the forum too.

Now the Partsheaven swap meet seems to have gone - not so many options sad.gif

- Tony
Coondog
Truth be told I was there from 8-9 and followed Rich from High Performance House fill up his van with bumpers, rims, dash’s, center consoles etc. ect.

There was some good deals there so like anything the early bird gets the worm, looked about the same attendance as Bruce’s swap meets in Riverside other then it wasn’t exclusive to 914s. As far advertising, it was on this site along with several 914 websites to include Pelican so that’s a non issue. Hey I was there and I live in So Cal.... smile.gif
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 2 2018, 06:25 PM) *

Nice to see and talk to Martin Baker as well.

Back at you Mike, best wishes for you in the future!

MB
Martin Baker
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Sep 2 2018, 05:06 PM) *

They need to find another date. There is a vw swap same day in Sacramento that has been going on since the 70’s.

Sac Drag Strip is going away, and I think the LAST Bug O Rama here in Sac is coming down the pipe, but I also heard it may go one more year. Also heard it was going to move to Redding. More questions than answers, rumors are its going to be new houses...but what ever the organizer of the Swap in Concorde knew it would conflict with Bug O Rama, but its what was available.

MB
914bub
Maybe don't do it on the holiday weekend. Maybe the second weekend in September would be better. I was going to go but this weekend was bad timing for me. We took a 200 mile Harley ride as we already had that scheduled.
PotterPorsche
So o spent 5 hours pulling all my stuff out of storage the day before, I saw that there were more swappers than buyers. I would say 70% swappers 30% true buyers. After the first hour I started dropping prices, as I really didn’t want to put it back.

You know it’s a low turnout when I start selling to 914 specialty shops at below cost.

On the other hand I took all the parts out took pictures will post here later in the next coming weeks.

I sold the late bumpers front and rear to rich got $60 bucks I just didn’t want to carry them back.

I spent another 2 hours unloaded what wasn’t sold lol!!!

As for bugorama , yeah I heard the rumors. I used to love going to find all the deals, then there was this thing called ebay .

There are now many outlets to sell parts, 914world , samba , pelican , Craigslist and pure luck. I don’t have the time to search google maps for vws and Porsche’s lol!!!

EdwardBlume
I appreciate everybody who came out and showed their parts. Great to see the 914 folks as always. We just wanted one part, but we threw some stuff in a wagon and took it out there. I ended up in a swap for the top I needed, and sold four parts out of my wagon for $100. Maybe saw a dozen people from the site, or more.
carl k
Did anyone bring a complete, ready to run engine? Doesn't have to be a 2.0.

-Carl
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(carl k @ Sep 3 2018, 03:38 PM) *

Did anyone bring a complete, ready to run engine? Doesn't have to be a 2.0.

-Carl

No, but I'll bet there are some out there...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.