Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Earthquake Near Crescent City, CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
Anyone older than 40 may remember the Crescent City tsunami. Well, looks like there was another big earthquake nearby. Not known if a tsunami occurred.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/a...alifornia_quake ohmy.gif
Midtowner
Tsunami warning called off. Anyone feel the other earthquake in Sonoma County? wacko.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Jun 14 2005, 08:15 PM)
Tsunami warning called off. Anyone feel the other earthquake in Sonoma County? :wacko:

I was sitting at my desk at the time, and OH MY GOODNESS!!! I didn't feel a thing. Nor did anyone else in our office.

Someone had to feel the quake. Don't we have any memebers up in the Eureka area?

--
Randy Wentzel
Santa Rosa, CA
SirAndy
i missed it, i was playing QuakeIII Arena online ...

cool.gif Andy
Bezerker420
<--------------------me

McKinleyville......bout 10 miles North of Eureka....

heard the warning all over tv & radio....you know that "emergency broadcast system" test shit.....that stuff was for REAL this time.....
I live about 1/2 mi from the beach!!!!

we never felt anything though?!?!?!

we were @ the beach goin for a walk me 'n my girlfriend, we figured it all must have happened in the 1.5 minutes it took to drive from the beach back home, while we were sitting in the suspended can and therefore never felt it?

WHEW!

Midtowner
One more related thought: 914's on jackstands and earthquakes are a bad mix. blink.gif
CaliWRX
I live on the beach, I heard these warnings and thought people were being dumb. If they actually were real my house would have been washed away.
rhodyguy
my wife is down at cannon beach oregon with some friends and was in a resturant when the warning was issued. they had ordered and hadn't recieved their food yet. jeanne and here friends were told that they would have to pay for the food before they could head for higher ground wacko.gif . i would have told the resturant manager to pissoff.gif .

k
Bezerker420
your 914 is on jackstands? .........bummer... sad.gif
mrihop
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Jun 15 2005, 04:20 PM)
One more related thought: 914's on jackstands and earthquakes are a bad mix. blink.gif

Ouch! ohmy.gif I didn't think of that! We've been having some good sized quakes in So Cal too. But my car is still doing fine sitting on the stands.

Yes...Car on jackstands sucks, but it's for the best! sad.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Jun 14 2005, 08:15 PM)
Tsunami warning called off. Anyone feel the other earthquake in Sonoma County? wacko.gif

That was just McMark's BBQ open house...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.