Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ctc911ctc
Hi,

I placed 2 online orders with this company - have not received anything from them (Email, etc) as to my orders.

It has been a few weeks - time to call the CC company?

Any intel out there?

Oh, yes I have sent them emails - have NOT called - next step....

CTC
ValcoOscar
WTF.gif

Top notch vendor

I placed my latest order on Monday and received my items by end of week.

Absolutely still in business.

Oscar
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Aug 18 2018, 02:50 PM) *

WTF.gif

Top notch vendor

I placed my latest order on Monday and received my items by end of week.

Absolutely still in business.

Oscar

Good to know - Thank you for the reply - WIll call them Monday and ask about my new wall-to-wall CAR-pets.

CTC
jim_hoyland
Call Scott at 914 Rubber; he's a top notch customer friendly employee. I think their number is on the web site
Mikey914

Please PM me the last name and I can see whats up.
No answer at 855-914-GUYS?

Scott was off Friday Topher and Kate wrre both in.
We do need you to leave a message if you want a return call, but either way, we will get you covered.
Thanks
Mark
mepstein
Yes. Pick up the phone and call. They are there. I just received my order last Friday.
Matty900
We're definitely still in business. Happy to help with whatever you need you can send Mark a p.m. or me and we'll be happy to look into aiming for you I would like to talk to you more about the email because I'm the one that follows up on emails that go through the site. We're just about ready to launch the new website and get off of the old one and that will hopefully solve a lot of problems that it's been a much larger task than we had ever anticipated. Feel free to reach out to me to if there's anything I can do to help you out beerchug.gif
Oh, welcome.png

Matt Whitesell
914rubber.com
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 18 2018, 02:55 PM) *

Please PM me the last name and I can see whats up.
No answer at 855-914-GUYS?

Scott was off Friday Topher and Kate wrre both in.
We do need you to leave a message if you want a return call, but either way, we will get you covered.
Thanks
Mark

Wow - sorry to create a fuss - will call Monday!
Mikey914
Not a problem. But if we have something is broken we definitely want to fix it. Please do drop me a PM with the last name and we will look this up it's kind of bothering me to think that something might have slipped through the cracks. It shouldn't but if it has I want to know how to fix that problem.
Thanks again
Mark
Downerman
I think sometimes things get really busy there. Nice problem to have but yeah, take Marks advise and PM or call. I'm probably one of there biggest pain the ass customers but I'm overall happy with the quality and they stand behind their stuff.
daytona
I have had the same issue as the original poster, more than once. Have bought several parts from them in the last 18 months to two years, and find the parts to be of good quality. I wouldn't worry about your money I am pretty sure you'll get your parts at some point. I would still buy from them, but as the last resort because of the lack of response and follow up.
Unobtanium-inc
I call this "the Amazon Effect", people expect stuff to ship same day, get antsy when it doesn't, forget how to pick up a phone, and expect there to be a team of 100 people at a business that probably employs 3.
We all have to take a deep breath and remember that whoever runs a small business related to cars does it mostly because of passion, not profit, so tread lightly expecting them to be Amazon, remember they are people too.
mepstein
I am continually amazed how every year, Mark and his crew continue to bring dozens of products to market, at really great prices, all for us and our cars. They also show up at our events, with gifts and prizes. Good guys!

Larmo63
Mark is probably out practicing barrel rolls over Puget Sound.
walterolin
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 18 2018, 08:15 PM) *

I call this "the Amazon Effect", people expect stuff to ship same day, get antsy when it doesn't, forget how to pick up a phone, and expect there to be a team of 100 people at a business that probably employs 3.
We all have to take a deep breath and remember that whoever runs a small business related to cars does it mostly because of passion, not profit, so tread lightly expecting them to be Amazon, remember they are people too.

Roger this.

Mark started this business maybe 15 years back, pretty much as a garage/basement operation. He has expanded, and now has maybe three employees. His real value is in the manufacture of 914 parts many of which were nearly unobtanium before he came along.

For example, he makes and sells a beautiful main targa seal reproduction for $179.00. If you could find one in the past, you would have paid on the order of $450.00.

They sometimes screw up. And Mark is a pilot, and inn't always been available. But they will answer the phone and they will fix things and make things whole.
Unobtanium-inc
I know I'm probably gonna take some heat for griping about the Amazon Effect but it really makes me angry when before someone bothers to pick up a phone they go on a public forum and ask if someone is still in business. What happens if someone is looking for parts and stumbles across a thread like this? It's really damaging to a business this guy has probably worked many a 60 hour week to keep it afloat.
If you don't like to wait on parts and don't want a car that might break down, go buy a new Hyundai! But if you're gonna drive a 40 year old Porsche relax a little.
Chris914n6
UPDATE!!!!

Mean old Admin Zach has edited your thread. You can complain via PM if you feel the need.

If anyone still takes the thread seriously I'll make up some more biggrin.gif
Jamie
QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 18 2018, 05:59 PM) *

Zach edited this post too.

In no way is this funny! There are too many FAKE NEWS events happening these day to consider this to be humor! ar15.gif
wndsnd
Placed order on Tuesday, arrived in Friday with a personal note from Scott. Coast to Coast. One of if not the best vendors we have.

Could not have restored my car without them. Thanks Guys.
morsmanlaw
QUOTE(wndsnd @ Aug 18 2018, 09:52 PM) *

Placed order on Tuesday, arrived in Friday with a personal note from Scott. Coast to Coast. One of if not the best vendors we have.

Could not have restored my car without them. Thanks Guys.

Agree completely. Got parts from them in the mail just today.
Mikey914
Thanks for the support guys.
We really do try to get it right, and most of our orders ship same day. In fact I got a complaint from a customer that made an order the next morning and wanted to combine but the order had shipped.

I’m still awaiting a PM please do reach out to me so I can see the status of your order and advise. We will refund your money immediately if you wish, just let us know.

dgraves
I can't begin to count how much rubber, seals, and parts I've bought from 914Rubber. Have always been satisfied. Just placed an order yesterday. My car is in good shape because of them. You'll be happy with the quality.
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Jamie @ Aug 18 2018, 07:10 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Aug 18 2018, 05:59 PM) *

Zach edited this post too.

In no way is this funny! There are too many FAKE NEWS events happening these day to consider this to be humor! ar15.gif

Wow the censorship on this site has gotten insane. You people need to lay off the fake news crack pipe. In fact just toss the TV, it's done wonders for my life and mental health and it can for you too. Plenty of healthy car shows to watch online. beerchug.gif

ps. I was laughing when I wrote it so, yep, it's funny to smart guys. It was all related to recent posts, you should have caught that.
ctc911ctc
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Aug 18 2018, 07:08 PM) *

I know I'm probably gonna take some heat for griping about the Amazon Effect but it really makes me angry when before someone bothers to pick up a phone they go on a public forum and ask if someone is still in business. What happens if someone is looking for parts and stumbles across a thread like this? It's really damaging to a business this guy has probably worked many a 60 hour week to keep it afloat.
If you don't like to wait on parts and don't want a car that might break down, go buy a new Hyundai! But if you're gonna drive a 40 year old Porsche relax a little.

Though I understand the sentiment, I entered the order twice over 3 weeks. Then sent a note via their email/contact page. Obviously, they are having web challenges - or a bi-annual IFR checkride is looming.

Online commerce is in it's twentieth (+) year. If you sell using TCP/IP, the expectations are high.

However, I concede that I was a bit too fast to the keyboard where I could have just picked up the phone. And judging from Mark's response and all of his loyal fans ( and this new fan) even bad publicity can be turned to good exposure.
Maltese Falcon
Simply the BEST in keeping our old buckets in the pink ! They even overhauled our 44 year old steering rack and shipped back to us in 10 days... Great personal customer service as well ¡¡Click to view attachment
Mikey914
So we have no order on either site, no abandon shopping cart on the new one. So there is some disconnect. We havea PM from the customer.
Please, I something is not what it should be pkease do let us know.

Will see what happened here so we can avoid having anyone else have the same experience.
Mark
carking1996
Can vouch for Mark. They at 914Rubber always do great. I order from them a few times a month lately and I am always satisfied with the products
Chip
QUOTE( @ Aug 18 2018, 06:34 PM) *

I am continually amazed how every year, Mark and his crew continue to bring dozens of products to market, at really great prices, all for us and our cars. They also show up at our events, with gifts and prizes. Good guys!

agree.gif
rhodyguy
Keep the 3 hour time dif in mind when you call.
Mikey914
Follow up -
Spoke with poster. We think that the browser he was using - Opera, might not have played nice in the check out process, so the order was never completed. Had not seen this before, but still I get the frustration of feeling ignored. The poster was a good guy, just waited on a order that was never entered. we are working on an order confirmation being sent on the new site which is close to being ready.

Please it's not a bother to drop us a call if you think something isn't right, or if you just want to make sure you got it in. All the Fedex packages we add your email so when it ships you have tracking. The reg mail is where it will not notify of shipping.....yet.
bbrock
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Follow up -
Spoke with poster. We think that the browser he was using - Opera, might not have played nice in the check out process, so the order was never completed. Had not seen this before, but still I get the frustration of feeling ignored. The poster was a good guy, just waited on a order that was never entered. we are working on an order confirmation being sent on the new site which is close to being ready.

Please it's not a bother to drop us a call if you think something isn't right, or if you just want to make sure you got it in. All the Fedex packages we add your email so when it ships you have tracking. The reg mail is where it will not notify of shipping.....yet.

Hey Mark, On my last order a couple weeks ago, I swore I had completed my order using Firefox but after a few days of not receiving a shipping notice, I started digging. I couldn't find an order confirmation either from you or Paypal so I assumed I must have gotten distracted and not clicked a final confirmation or something. I still think that is probably what happened but thought I'd mention it now that this has come up. Anyway, I got the order submitted and had my stuff in less than a week. Bottom line, if an order confirmation doesn't appear in you mailbox, the order probably didn't get submitted. beerchug.gif
Chris H.
The last time I ordered something it came in less than two days with a nice note from Scott on the paperwork. Keep up the good work! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Aug 22 2018, 07:14 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 21 2018, 11:52 PM) *

Follow up -

Hey Mark, On my last order a couple weeks ago, I swore I had completed my order using Firefox but after a few days of not receiving a shipping notice, I started digging. I couldn't find an order confirmation either from you or Paypal so I assumed I must have gotten distracted and not clicked a final confirmation or something. I still think that is probably what happened but thought I'd mention it now that this has come up. Anyway, I got the order submitted and had my stuff in less than a week. Bottom line, if an order confirmation doesn't appear in you mailbox, the order probably didn't get submitted. beerchug.gif

Yes an order acknowledgement is needed. The new site will do this.
It is live, but not everything listed yet.
Thanks again
Mark
aggiezig
Another kudos for 914rubber, not that they're shy of good reviews.

Placed an order yesterday for a bunch of seals and misc parts. Received a shipping notice four hours later. You can't beat em.

Keep up the good work smilie_pokal.gif
spookyjones
QUOTE(ctc911ctc @ Aug 18 2018, 12:42 PM) *

Hi,

I placed 2 online orders with this company - have not received anything from them (Email, etc) as to my orders.

It has been a few weeks - time to call the CC company?

Any intel out there?

Oh, yes I have sent them emails - have NOT called - next step....

CTC

Yes they are still in business, picked up a 19mm master cylinder last week...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.