Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arm Rest door nuts?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
I am getting ready to redo my door panels since the PO cut speakers into the panels. I am looking for new or old stock on the the black washer and/or nut assembly on the backside of the door card.
Click to view attachment
Anyone know or have these packed away somewhere?
TIA
PanelBilly
I found replacements at the local auto body paint supplier. Had to switch to standard thread as they didn’t have them in metric. Not really an issue as I just bought standard screws to work with them.
mepstein
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Aug 19 2018, 05:25 PM) *

I found replacements at the local auto body paint supplier. Had to switch to standard thread as they didn’t have them in metric. Not really an issue as I just bought standard screws to work with them.

You could probably replace the captive nut with a metric one if you wanted
rhodyguy
New hard panels? Couldn't you just re-rivet/glue your old ones on?
drem914
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 19 2018, 04:37 PM) *

New hard panels? Couldn't you just re-rivet/glue your old ones on?

I was trying not to tear appart the orignal door panels, if this was a replaceable part. I could, but I am planning on possibly reusing this panel depending on what I finally do with the replacements.
914werke
I have um, PM me
SixerJ
They are M5 or M6 19” rack mount (IT cabinet) cage nuts, usually M6

Nuts are available in US thread and multiple plate finishes - if anyone in the UK needs some PM me, we use 1000s at work
914_teener
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Aug 21 2018, 12:52 PM) *

They are M5 or M6 19” rack mount (IT cabinet) cage nuts, usually M6

Nuts are available in US thread and multiple plate finishes - if anyone in the UK needs some PM me, we use 1000s at work

agree.gif

They are either M5 or M6 depending where are in the car. Some are M5 and M6.

M6 cage nuts are VERY common. The M5 cage nuts in at least the US are almost unobtainable....at least I cougln't find any. I just used all M6 when I redid my doors.

Also I have a ton left over.

They are yours for a postage stamp and an addresss if anyone needs um here on this side of the pond.
Mikey914
We do have the M5s and will be including in the door panels in the near future.

I'll get them listed up on the site soon
1adam12
I've found cage nuts at Home Depot in their specialty hardware section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.