Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, I'll say it ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
euro911
Noticing that some F/S prices are starting to get ridiculous again ...

... even worse than 'fleece bay' screwy.gif

Seek and ye shall find
TheCabinetmaker
And, I will agree. Watching some sales with skepticism. The parts market seems to be flooded with new sellers of nos and nice condition items, yet prices continue to soar
mepstein
I think everyone deserves a chance to sell their parts for what they think they are worth ...but ...buyers need to do their homework. It’s very easy to search for past sales and if you don’t know current prices, ask.

Yes, some of the prices on the parts just listed are very high. If I could get those prices, I’d rip apart my cars, clean out my stash and sell it all.
johnhora
agree.gif

Yep it goes up and down....and all over the place especially if you can call it NOS or 914-6 w00t.gif

You guys sell stuff all the time so you have a pretty go fix on reasonable prices.

The problem with pricing research is simple...folks remove their prices like the IRS is going to show up and bust down their door.

Gang please leave your asking price on the post...we won't tell them where you live and they already have all your gmail info anyway. biggrin.gif
mb911
agree.gif

Also everyone should ask what they want. Example would be that I tried to sell a Hella back pad light for $175 ended up selling it for about 75 dollars.. Offers should just be a given.
914Sixer
You can ask what ever you want. The question is do you want to sell it or KEEP IT! This is NOT Ebay and we hope you have done your homework.
914bub
No kidding. There's a part listed right now that would fit a drivers door that for the price should come with a complete door.
rhodyguy
dry.gif
euro911
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 20 2018, 04:37 PM) *
You can ask what ever you want. The question is do you want to sell it or KEEP IT! This is NOT Ebay and we hope you have done your homework.
BTW, this is no reflection on your stuff, Mark ... you always offer us good deals biggrin.gif
Coondog
How about people stop reposting someone else’s Ebay ads. There’s a separate thread for that...... poke.gif

Fuch me, I am starting to sound like I want to be a admin to clean up misplaced post... hissyfit.gif
sixnotfour
Admin edit: Removed political commentary.

Remember... No religion or politics ANYWHERE on this site.

Clay
sixnotfour
Caveat emptor is Latin for let the buyer beware, meaning the buyer assumes the risk in a transaction.

dont like the price ...move on...yesterday is not today...
Ansbacher
I think part of the problem is the outrageous costs of shipping these days. Prices that include shipping HAVE to be inflated to cover the cost. If not included, it is disheartening to list anything under 50 bucks, knowing you will have to ask 20 bucks or so additional for shipping. We are getting fleeced by the USPS and the parcel companies.

Ansbacher
mepstein
QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Aug 21 2018, 12:32 PM) *

I think part of the problem is the outrageous costs of shipping these days. Prices that include shipping HAVE to be inflated to cover the cost. If not included, it is disheartening to list anything under 50 bucks, knowing you will have to ask 20 bucks or so additional for shipping. We are getting fleeced by the USPS and the parcel companies.

Ansbacher

Really? I think shipping is reasonable. I send out stuff all the time. It sure beats driving to pick up a part. But shipping is shipping. It's separate from the cost of a part. If you want to include it and raise the price of the part, well, that's fine but it's apples to apples + oranges.

USPS - I can send 4 calipers x-country for less than $20
Fedex - I can send 4 wheels x-country for $100
Shipper - I can send an 6 engine x-country for $300, a car for $850 or a chassis for $1,100

Again, sure beats driving it there.
rhodyguy
Active part sellers should open a FREE FedEx account. The front end parts were $75 and change retail. $45.15 with my account. I pass the savings to the buyer. I don't pocket the dif. I find that notion dishonest. One has to lie for the filthy lucre.
sixnotfour
fed ex account the only way to go..
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2018, 01:11 PM) *

Active part sellers should open a FREE FedEx account. The front end parts were $75 and change retail. $45.15 with my account. I pass the savings to the buyer. I don't pocket the dif. I find that notion dishonest. One has to lie for the filthy lucre.

Yea, the free account is a no brainer.
rhodyguy
I dunno, I was all set to drive to California and pick up Travis's calipers and balljoints. dry.gif
euro911
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2018, 10:25 AM) *
I dunno, I was all set to drive to California and pick up Travis's calipers and balljoints. dry.gif
laugh.gif ... Uh, he's in AZ, Kev ... poke.gif
mtndawg
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 20 2018, 02:31 PM) *

Noticing that some F/S prices are starting to get ridiculous again ...

... even worse than 'fleece bay' screwy.gif

Seek and ye shall find

Since everyone posting here has access to the internet, sellers can post whatever price they want. As a hobbyist, I will say it's annoying when a person with no history shows up with something I need and they're asking crazy $ or... a new person is posting an elaborate description of something rare and fabulous. but is not rare or fabulous. All that said, most sellers are reasonable and friendly.
rhodyguy
Trip is off. Too hot.
rhodyguy
What the hell is that? Did anyone else see that on their screen.
mepstein
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2018, 05:49 PM) *

Some sort of script that shows for a second?

Got it
euro911
I got an IPA warning poke.gif

Click to view attachment
Rusty
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 21 2018, 03:49 PM) *

A certain German is giving the site a tune-up right now. Might be related, might not. blowtorch.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Aug 20 2018, 09:14 PM) *

How about people stop reposting someone else’s Ebay ads. There’s a separate thread for that...... poke.gif

Fuch me, I am starting to sound like I want to be a admin to clean up misplaced post... hissyfit.gif

Nope just channeling the Capt biggrin.gif
Miss ya beer3.gif
rhodyguy
You're fast capturing that Mark. I was WTF.gif . I put Isopropanol on my Cheerios.
forrestkhaag
On the no religion and no politics comment (price? WTF.gif ) some on this site worship their 914's like they were sitting in church and more than a few of us have to say "pew" when getting into the smelly thing in the summer......... Or think we have experienced rapture when we score a set of Fuchs wheels for anything under 4 grand....

On the no politics thing, ragging on eBay is sorta pernicious too..............

This text reply can be reused for 10 dollars + shipping. PM for cut-n-paste instructions.
EdwardBlume
I keep sending parts out for free to people who need them, and I pay shipping. I must be doing something wrong.
KevinW
I do too, and I know there are others out there who do the same.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.