Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yikes, eBay 914 Creation
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete000
I like the 914 they way the factory designed it,

I guess no so much for some people... idea.gif

jdamiano
Oh No. A Corvette raped a little 914 and this is the result!
Larmo63
Kill it with fire.

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(jdamiano @ Aug 20 2018, 07:30 PM) *

Oh No. A Corvette raped a little 914 and this is the result!

lol-2.gif
914_7T3
A Chrysler Sebring Convertible front end with a Corvette styled rear begs the question, "Why involve a 914?"

icon8.gif
914Sixer
No words can describe this disaster.
r_towle
No top?
pete000
Nice use of an old BMW dash, and V8 under glass..lol
Rob-O
While I’m not a fan of the look, I can appreciate the hours and hours of work that went into this.
FL000
Not really my style but I will say it looks like a lot of quality work went into it.
aharder
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Aug 20 2018, 07:16 PM) *

While I’m not a fan of the look, I can appreciate the hours and hours of work that went into this.

agree.gif
flmont
did you catch the starting price
Maltese Falcon
Don't get me wrong...a lot of planning and decent work; the gaps are darn good too ! Wonder if the builder had a favorite Johnny Cash song (1976) that he constantly listened to while building this; "I built it one piece at a time " you-tube that if curious av-943.gif
bigkensteele
QUOTE(aharder @ Aug 20 2018, 04:24 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif too. By no means the worst we have seen. The quality of the work looks pretty impressive. I can't bring myself to criticize it because I wish I had the skills it took to create it. However, if I were to posses those skills, it isn't exactly what I would have done.
Mueller
Guessing they ran out of money when it came to the door panels.
My 914
agree.gif

Other than the door panels, I think the interior is pretty nice.
Rob-O
QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Aug 20 2018, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(aharder @ Aug 20 2018, 04:24 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif too. By no means the worst we have seen. The quality of the work looks pretty impressive. I can't bring myself to criticize it because I wish I had the skills it took to create it. However, if I were to posses those skills, it isn't exactly what I would have done.

Well said.
SirAndy
Am i the only one who noticed the flat passenger side front tire?
confused24.gif
napasteve
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 20 2018, 07:09 PM) *

Am i the only one who noticed the flat passenger side front tire?
confused24.gif

One sometimes misses subtleties after being stuck in the face
914-300Hemi
Looks like it is very confused about what it wants to be when it grows up.

Not my taste.
EdwardBlume
Fuch
Stingbee
Hell...more creature comforts, AC, 350 V8, Targa, and some Porsche 914,911 too boot. Just might be a fun ride....
Andyrew
I think the excecution is really nice. Style is a little 90s but it probably look 10 years to build... I'd drive it smile.gif
second wind
This car is beautiful and in a race would beat most of us soundly...then we would have to shut up since his car is faster than our cars.....a couple more grand here and there and now you are a rare bird with a super car.....this is thinking out of the box 505....or maybe 11 0 11....look at this car....let's see you make one!! Ha!!
gg
porschetub
barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif
bretth
Imagine if this used to be an original 6. I am not sure sure it would be worth it to remove all the ugly even then.
Jetsetsurfshop
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Aug 20 2018, 04:16 PM) *

I agree.
rhodyguy
More than a a couple of grand. I think there was a large stack of c-notes, very large, invested in that car. Hate the rear treatment.

That 6 @ $109.5k seems like a lot of money. About 10k less than we paid for our house on an acre of land. WOW! Optimistic.
bbrock
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. I give them an A+ for craftsmanship, and barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif barf.gif for design and good taste. I'm not sure why they bothered to badge it as Porsche, I don't see much Porsche left on this car. As for speed, my Honda CRV is faster than my 914, but that doesn't make it beautiful.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
It always amazes me how people have so much time on their hands to butcher 914s.Click to view attachment
Ansbacher
Paging Dr. Frankenstein, your car is ready!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
or the Munster mobile, good one!!!!

QUOTE(Ansbacher @ Aug 21 2018, 09:20 AM) *

Paging Dr. Frankenstein, your car is ready!

daytona
I can appreciate all the time and money invested in this car. But somebody should be arrested for this.
If they would only use their hands for good, instead of this.
ClayPerrine
Remember everyone... there is a butt for every seat. You and I may hate the appearance of this car, but someone out there will fall in love with it and show it off to his/her friends.

This is also an example of why you don't want to use ethanol in your 914. It gets the car drunk and it hooks up with a corvette.....
Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Aug 20 2018, 05:16 PM) *

Does that only make the overall effect worse though?
7TPorsh
It's 2018 and you all look at this and go yeeechh! I do too. But if it was 1990 and you saw this you would think this was super cool Miami Vice style and would want to go cruising..
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I cannot appreciate any time or money spent taking a thing of beauty and destroying it
Cairo94507
Sad, just sad. sad.gif
billh1963
I've seen worse.....and some of those cars have been posted by their proud owners on this site. dry.gif
Alphaogre
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should...
Mueller
I just want to know if it comes with a gold chain and custom satin jacket with custom patches?

On the plus side I think I have enough chest hair to drive this thing with my shirt unbuttoned down to my bellybutton smile.gif
Toast
WTF.gif icon8.gif barf.gif behead.gif
BuddyV
The coco mats are ... nice.

confused24.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Aug 21 2018, 03:21 PM) *

The coco mats are ... nice.

confused24.gif

C'mon, I think you meant coocoo mats, right? lol-2.gif av-943.gif

I'm sorry...I should play nice.

Oscar
eeyore
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2018, 06:54 AM) *

It always amazes me how people have so much time on their hands to butcher 914s.

This implies that 914 butchery is time intensive. Not true. I have very little time in my car, but it is quite butchered.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Sir, I stand corrected.

QUOTE(Mark Garriott @ Aug 21 2018, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2018, 06:54 AM) *

It always amazes me how people have so much time on their hands to butcher 914s.

This implies that 914 butchery is time intensive. Not true. I have very little time in my car, but it is quite butchered.

My 914
At first I thought this was some sort of bastardized Corvette but then I realized it was a 914 because it says so right on the back of the car.
Maltese Falcon
The late George Barris created this monstrosity for grandpa Munster
"Have bondo/ Will travel" I don't think we have seen the end of 914 dreamboats biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
My 914
I just saw the eBay ad and stand corrected. It's not like a Corvette, it takes after a Ferrari.
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 21 2018, 06:36 PM) *

The late George Barris created this monstrosity for grandpa Munster
"Have bondo/ Will travel" I don't think we have seen the end of 914 dreamboats biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment

I would totally drive this around....in makeup and everything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.