Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s for auction during Monterey Week.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
daytona
Hi,
Any one know the 914 being offered for auction at RM/Sotheby's during the upcoming Monterey week?

Lot 275 - 1974 Porsche 914 2L - Pre-Auction Estimate: $45,000 - 65,000.

Is there anything special about this car? Seems like a lot of money to me. There is also a 1975 914 offered for auction at Russo & Steele but there is no pre auction estimate.

Bill.
Ferg
I know plenty about it. It is a full metal work / repaint by one of the best shops in the original special ordered color, Ice Green Metallic. As far as I know it's the only one painted that color. There are other threads here on the car.

Stunning car, stunning color.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/MO18/Mon...e-914-20/700362
daytona
Thanks for the info Ferg.
Yes, it is a really nice looking car. But for the price estimate I would expect a bit better engine compartment. But it is a very nice car.
SKL1
It looks really nice but would like to see more photos of undercarriage and hell hole.
If is was a '73 I bet it would bring BIG money but even so it should do well. Will be interesting to watch. Love the colour combo.
pete000
Some one has to pay for those fancy long lens photos !
ConeDodger
QUOTE(daytona @ Aug 21 2018, 09:31 PM) *

Thanks for the info Ferg.
Yes, it is a really nice looking car. But for the price estimate I would expect a bit better engine compartment. But it is a very nice car.

If it impresses the Ferg, the estimate might be low... evilgrin.gif
914_7T3
I will try and drop by the convention center on preview day. If so, will try and get up close and personal for some pics.

shades.gif
Cal
This low mileage 914 was recently restored and discussed in several threads.....the owner is a member here.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=332053&hl=
mgp4591
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Aug 21 2018, 08:27 PM) *

It looks really nice but would like to see more photos of undercarriage and hell hole.
If is was a '73 I bet it would bring BIG money but even so it should do well. Will be interesting to watch. Love the colour combo.

Considering the owner and the repair shop involved, I'd say there's NO hell hole and the undercarriage you could probably eat off of.... Neither of those involved do anything halfway! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
$61,600.00 with fees. So pre-auction estimates were nuts on. smile.gif
pete000
As close to buying a brand new 914 today as you can get. Stunner ! That car can start winning trophies as of right now...
horizontally-opposed
Car is simply gorgeous. wub.gif
Chris H.
Yeah to insert some period-correct imagery....that car is just plain

Click to view attachment
SKL1
I know what my car looked like delivered in December 1970 and it didn't look that good!!
Probably one of the nicest 2 liter 914's in the world...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.